• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July 2013 and/or Rolling Board

Bob Windham

A rare mix of inspired action and humility.
Just spoke with the processor that is handling the medical portion of my package-All systems go! Apparently I needed to have an ocular refraction test performed, which the private practice that handled my physical (rather than MEPS) did not perform. Anyone that still needs to medically qualify and is considering any alternative options to MEPS, please keep this in mind. Once that's knocked out later this week, it'll just be a waiting game. Hope to see some of the AW bunch up there soon!

jg54170

OCS JAN12th
I just don't understand what could possibly take so long to get me a final select being active duty and all. :confused: I just want to get things in stone.

jfav313

PRO REC SWO
We're all feeling the same way. My med and clearance is done, was told only a few weeks and I'm still waiting. Be patient.

Kyler Boeck

Pro-rec SWO waiting for FS
My medical and clearance is done as well(has been since may) and my recruiter said it would take at least a few weeks, could be longer too though.

exNavyOffRec

Just spoke with the processor that is handling the medical portion of my package-All systems go! Apparently I needed to have an ocular refraction test performed, which the private practice that handled my physical (rather than MEPS) did not perform. Anyone that still needs to medically qualify and is considering any alternative options to MEPS, please keep this in mind. Once that's knocked out later this week, it'll just be a waiting game. Hope to see some of the AW bunch up there soon!

Those that had physicals done at a place other than MEPS be prepared for errors, this was a common occurrence last time.

exNavyOffRec

I just don't understand what could possibly take so long to get me a final select being active duty and all. :confused: I just want to get things in stone.

remember that they said many SWO spots were already taken, so all those people are in front of you, depending how far out they have SWO's will depend when you will get your FS and when you will go to OCS

Anybody know how long the FS takes? My OR just told me relax since they are processing hundreds of applicants, but she also got my hopes up by asking me if I wanted to go to the 8/26 class. Only to tell me I never got my letter so you aren't going that day. I'm all packed and ready to go!

SWO board in July.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
Why would your OR say you are going when you didn't have a FS? Also the class starts on the 25th.

dcushman13

None
I think he's saying that his OR was speculating that he would go on the 25th, not that she had any hard evidence one way or another.

What happened was when she called me and told me I was professionally approved, pro rec or whatever. She didn't think I would be going in until sept or October. And I was going to start doing the DEP meetings. Then a few days later I got a call saying that there was a spot in the August 25th class. Do I want it? I said yeah, however, I never really got any other information other than that. So for about a week, not really knowing if I'm going or not because my OR doesn't explain, started buying all the things we're supposed to bring because she told me everything I needed to know was on the website. I reached out to her and said, you know it's less than two weeks till that OCS date... What am I supposed to do? Bring? How to get there. This is when she tells me that I don't have the final select letter yet. Then Monday I get an email saying you're not on the roster. So now I'm back to not knowing anything lol.

jg54170

OCS JAN12th
What happened was when she called me and told me I was professionally approved, pro rec or whatever. She didn't think I would be going in until sept or October. And I was going to start doing the DEP meetings. Then a few days later I got a call saying that there was a spot in the August 25th class. Do I want it? I said yeah, however, I never really got any other information other than that. So for about a week, not really knowing if I'm going or not because my OR doesn't explain, started buying all the things we're supposed to bring because she told me everything I needed to know was on the website. I reached out to her and said, you know it's less than two weeks till that OCS date... What am I supposed to do? Bring? How to get there. This is when she tells me that I don't have the final select letter yet. Then Monday I get an email saying you're not on the roster. So now I'm back to not knowing anything lol.

We are all hanging out in the know nothing club right now, glad to see some activity on here however. I still check here daily to see who all is getting their FS letters, doesn't seem that many have so I am not sweating it.

I am plotting on how to maximize my leave which is the only reason I really want the date. Gonna try to take 30 days leave in October to get the house ready to sell and then take 10 paternity leave days in November. Hoping to get shuffled into the Early December class which is what I discussed with the fleet processors.

Anyone able to give information on how leave works between OCS and final duty station if you don't head straight to BDOC? I know the instruction states up to 30 days post OCS graduation, is that how most are seeing their orders written that have graduated?