• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July 2013 and/or Rolling Board

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
I had a similar experience with my consult yesterday. They took my acuity before dilation and then again roughly 2 hours later after I sat in a bright room, so I had a pretty bad headache and could barely see. I had a depth perception- B fail at MEPS and they did not retest depth perception. Do I need to get yet another depth perception even though I was told "you passed visual qualification"? The recruiter thinks this fail depth perception will screw up the flight physical.

I already have 2 tests on file from my school's optometrist saying I pass depth perception.
Wait you failed the depth preception twice now? Or just the once?

RiseR 25

I had a similar experience with my consult yesterday. They took my acuity before dilation and then again roughly 2 hours later after I sat in a bright room, so I had a pretty bad headache and could barely see. I had a depth perception- B fail at MEPS and they did not retest depth perception. Do I need to get yet another depth perception even though I was told "you passed visual qualification"? The recruiter thinks this fail depth perception will screw up the flight physical.

I already have 2 tests on file from my school's optometrist saying I pass depth perception.

Well it looks like I'm not the only one going through these pitas between N3M and MEPS. N3M is mandating a psych eval before I get cleared for commissioning physical. The best advice I can give for your depth perception alaurin is get plenty of sleep the night before. I was way too excited, got 3 hours of sleep, and when I got to the eye test I passed absolutely everything except F set on depth perception, so 5 out of 6 not bad still keeps me in the green I think.

JULIET_SIERRA

FINSEL: 07-14 OCS (SNA)
At PM for signature is a status, if all the requirements are met such as clearance, physical it is moved over, it doesn't actually mean it is waiting for him to sign it, they can sit in that status for days or weeks, sometimes months, it just depends what is in front of you, generally AD will get processed first.
It's been about 2.5 weeks since I got ProRec-Y and still haven't received my FS letter eventhough its status has been "at PM for signature" the entire time. However, I've seen others here on AW (non-priors with active security clearance and PQ...same as me) get their FS letter within a week. Why the difference between people with basically identical situations? Does this mean there's an issue with processing my FS letter? Thanks!

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
I haven't seem that many from the July board get a FS yet. One guy got his but he already had a flight physical from the marines.

alaurin

All day, every day!
Wait you failed the depth preception twice now? Or just the once?

Just once. At MEPS, the woman taking the results was rushing me through everything that day because she had a headache and was in a bad mood. She even told me "Don't take more than 2 seconds per a plate on the color test" then argued with me during the depth perception test. Do they do that to everyone? I passed everything else, like RiseR, I was running on maybe 3-4 hours of sleep and nervous. I got yelled at a lot during my time at MEPS for stupid things like sitting in the wrong color chair, then using one of the employee's pens because I didn't have enough time to completely fill out my medical questionnaire during the 5 min given at the beginning. The second time was much less stressful.

I've already passed depth perception twice with civilian doctors and have notes stating I have no problems with depth perception. They didn't seem to say anything about my depth perception the other day but told me I passed visual and wished me good luck.
Hopefully they won't send me back again, but I'm temporarily DQ'd for a psych eval right now, so I'm in the same boat as RiseR.

NavyOffRec, what do you recommend I do for the failed depth perception? Should I go get a fourth depth perception test by another Dr?

exNavyOffRec

Just once. At MEPS, the woman taking the results was rushing me through everything that day because she had a headache and was in a bad mood. She even told me "Don't take more than 2 seconds per a plate on the color test" then argued with me during the depth perception test. Do they do that to everyone? I passed everything else, like RiseR, I was running on maybe 3-4 hours of sleep and nervous. I got yelled at a lot during my time at MEPS for stupid things like sitting in the wrong color chair, then using one of the employee's pens because I didn't have enough time to completely fill out my medical questionnaire during the 5 min given at the beginning. The second time was much less stressful.

I've already passed depth perception twice with civilian doctors and have notes stating I have no problems with depth perception. They didn't seem to say anything about my depth perception the other day but told me I passed visual and wished me good luck.
Hopefully they won't send me back again, but I'm temporarily DQ'd for a psych eval right now, so I'm in the same boat as RiseR.

NavyOffRec, what do you recommend I do for the failed depth perception? Should I go get a fourth depth perception test by another Dr?

get the documentation you have passed from the civilian doc and send it to your recruiter.

RiseR 25

It's been about 2.5 weeks since I got ProRec-Y and still haven't received my FS letter eventhough its status has been "at PM for signature" the entire time. However, I've seen others here on AW (non-priors with active security clearance and PQ...same as me) get their FS letter within a week. Why the difference between people with basically identical situations? Does this mean there's an issue with processing my FS letter? Thanks!

What's your NRD? Not NORS

dcushman13

None
Gah! This waiting is killing me! Everything on my end was done before the board due date, I just want to know when I have to report. Lots of things to plan!