• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

June Boards

MidWestEwo

None
I have MEPS next Friday, and then the PRT the week after. After that it's a waiting game until final select. Does anyone know if a wart on the hand will cause any problems at MEPS?

jl08

pilot
I talked to my recruiter and everything has been approved since July 15th but my final select letter is not signed yet. Nor he or my processor knows why it is taking so long but the waiting continues. I had everything (MEPS, PRT, security clearance...etc) taken care of before my Pro-Rec so I don't know what the hold up is. I asked him if they only issue them on the 7th and he said that sees them come in at different times throughout the month.

MidWestEwo

None
Background check was started today! Unfortunately I haven't gone to MEPS yet so I need to get fingerprints to them somehow before Thursday or I will have to re-apply to open the case again...This is such a hassle, I just want to go to OCS!:(

blarged

ready
Background check was started today! Unfortunately I haven't gone to MEPS yet so I need to get fingerprints to them somehow before Thursday or I will have to re-apply to open the case again...This is such a hassle, I just want to go to OCS!:(

My processor sent me fingerprint cards to take to my local police station to get done. I was then able to FedEx (prepaid) to wherever it needed to go. Most places say you need to supply your own fingerprint card, not sure where you'd get one if your OR or processor isn't sending you one, but I think your local police station is a good place to start the search.

CashvillePlt

OVER THE LINE!
They printed off my finger print cards at MEPS and gave them to me after I got my fingers scanned by the machine. The Nashville MEPS building looks brand new tho, so it may be better equipped?

damcrac

Final Select NFO
My OR called Friday and says everything is good to go. Medical and background check cleared. I go in on Friday to enlist as an E-5 Officer Candidate. He said I should receive my OCS date then as well. It sounds like I received my final select, but I won't assume anything until I receive an OCS date. I'll get back to you guys on Friday. Heres my roadmap so far.

Application sent: 23 May 2009
Pro Rec NFO: 29 June 2009
MEPS: 8 July 2009
PFA: 14 July 2009
FS?: 7 August 2009

Like I said, sounds like a final select, but I'm not positive and will wait till friday to clarify. My OR has worked very hard for me and has not given me any miss information, so I'm going to continue to trust him and not bug him with a phone call.

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
I'm STILL waiting to go in to do my PRT. That's the only thing I have left to do, as everything else is completed. My OR won't return any calls or emails I've sent the past two weeks, so I don't know what my next course of action is. At this point it feels I'm losing money at someone else's expense, not my fault as it was in the past.

Do you know if they will try to submit or approve a final select without a PRT? I know they did bypass some other issues in submitting to the board previously, but the only way I could see them doing so now is to send in guesstimates on what my PRT scores would be, and going from there. I don't see that likely happening nor want that, but it's similar to how some things have played out prior to pro-rec.

frealis

I'm STILL waiting to go in to do my PRT. That's the only thing I have left to do, as everything else is completed. My OR won't return any calls or emails I've sent the past two weeks, so I don't know what my next course of action is. At this point it feels I'm losing money at someone else's expense, not my fault as it was in the past.

Do you know if they will try to submit or approve a final select without a PRT? I know they did bypass some other issues in submitting to the board previously, but the only way I could see them doing so now is to send in guesstimates on what my PRT scores would be, and going from there. I don't see that likely happening nor want that, but it's similar to how some things have played out prior to pro-rec.

From my understanding you have to do the PRT before final select. I've already done one before my application went before the June boards, and from my understanding I have to do one more 14-30 days prior to OCS ship date

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
Yeah, well I'm BDCP so my OCS date is about 600 days away, so don't have to worry about that too much. Plus being in BDCP we have to do two PRTs a year with the NRD as a group, so I'll be getting them in. It's just I've been on the horn to get this done - even after my OR was like, "we need to have everything in by the 15th" - yet they've cancelled the scheduled time twice two weeks in a row and now won't return my calls or emails.

Like I said, I hope they either know something I/we don't and got what needed to be done completed, or else I don't know what to think. Hopefully they aren't waiting to hear back on something that is an unforseen issue or whatever...

Srp7286

hey what has everyone been doing fitness wise to get ready. I'm looking for a 5 day a week fitness schedule, with 3 days lifting and 2 days running. cant seem to find any good ones on here.

damcrac

Final Select NFO
I do 3 mile runs on MWF, followed by sit ups, then pushups. On T/R I try to swim and hit up abs again. Then on Sat, I retest my 1.5 mile run through the neighborhood with some more abs. I have been doing this about 3 weeks now. I really need to step it up a bit more, but its a start. My swiming really needs a lot of improvement and I'll step it up to 3x a week swimming.

Srp7286

I do 3 mile runs on MWF, followed by sit ups, then pushups. On T/R I try to swim and hit up abs again. Then on Sat, I retest my 1.5 mile run through the neighborhood with some more abs. I have been doing this about 3 weeks now. I really need to step it up a bit more, but its a start. My swiming really needs a lot of improvement and I'll step it up to 3x a week swimming.

sounds pretty strong, im running only twice a week, i probably need to run 3 instead of two, you hitting the weights at all? ive been lifting since June, but i wont be going to OCS until after Jan when i finish school

damcrac

Final Select NFO
sounds pretty strong, im running only twice a week, i probably need to run 3 instead of two, you hitting the weights at all? ive been lifting since June, but i wont be going to OCS until after Jan when i finish school

I have been inconsistent at going to the gym for additional training. Right now, my running, abs/push ups takes about an hour. I would like to step it up to about 2 hours a day soon and maybe more later. Don't want to hurt myself so I'm taking my time adding on additional stress. Plus I have been running when its in the mid 90s. I will need to get my lungs used to running in the cold instead of heat.

frealis

Have any of y'all received a final select letter yet? I got pro rec'd at the June boards, talked to my recruiter and she was hoping to get mine at the end of this month...