• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lawsuit Katrina Style

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
We are going to rehash all of this Katrina nonsense for a story that is probably just a rumor? Why doesn't someone post a link to a story (a legitimate one, not a blog entry) that actually verifies the AW's claims?

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
It's not that the people of New Orleans got / get government help rebuilding that irritates me. It's the constant demanding and bitching about "poor me" and "discrimination" that makes me want to put a stop to any government funds or rebuilding.

Midwest towns get flooded every year. Whole towns underwater. Yet somehow they manage to rebuild - some multiple times. They gratefully accept the aid they are given and you don't see them on TV saying "no one cares", "poor me", "racist bastards", etc. like you do from New Orleans.

I saw an interview just last week with a displace New Orleans family. "I'm not going back until they rebuild my house and give me a job".

I know I'm stereotyping but....if you show people you are willing to help yourself, then people would be willing to do more to help you.

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
kat14 said:
MB, obviously you've never left Bourbon or you'd see how amazing my hometown is.
Uhhhhhhhhhhh...

Maybe you didn't quite pick up on this, but MB was one of the people pulling your townsfolk off their roofs, so you might want to stow the attitude.

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
If you have cable/Dish/Direct TV and no flood insurance/Home insurance. You are wrong.
If you have $2K rims on your car and no insurance. You are wrong.
If you can't find the $30 dollars a month and $200 a year for insurance (200 for flood) then you really need to look at what is important in your life.
$46 bucks a month is not a lot for insurance. Less even for renters insurance.

MasterBates

Lets see, attitude from people who we are helping (yelling/borderline assaulting my SAR swimmers). Lady in the cabin in the "Tunnel" in a SH-60B (goes to cockpit) verbally abusing me and my copilot as I am trying to not hit phone poles, power lines, and other aircraft.

I've been to Nawlin's before. My grandmother used to live there. Most of the city needs to be given back to the swamp. Just a welfare society waiting for the great flood followed by the great handout. When I see people who are on Welfare, living off MY tax dollars, driving a nicer car than me, something is seriously fvcked up.

New Orleans is a prime example of what happens when welfare culture goes bad. People have/take NO ACCOUNTABILITY for their actions because "the government" will bail them out and take care of them.

I'm done playing airborne taxi to a bunch of leeches who were not even appreciative. I'd say for every elderly person who we got, or disabled person, there were 10 that left for reasons most along the lines of "I did not want to miss my welfare check" because they were coming in a couple days.

Also, you people knew this was coming. There was NO EXCUSE for not having water and a couple days worth of canned goods. Yet people were "starving" 3 days in. Hell, you could weld the doors shut here in the PUMA and I can be OK for 2 weeks off of what is inside, including water.

Army Warrant I was BSin with at NAS New Orleans during a gas/MRE stop..
"This place is about 2 days from being Mogadishu with water".

The actions of the locals in the 9th ward and Superdome are inexcusable. Period. And it seems to be endemic with a large portion of "That fair city".

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
If you have cable/Dish/Direct TV and no flood insurance/Home insurance. You are wrong.
If you have $2K rims on your car and no insurance. You are wrong.
If you can't find the $30 dollars a month and $200 a year for insurance (200 for flood) then you really need to look at what is important in your life.
$46 bucks a month is not a lot for insurance. Less even for renters insurance.
I agree with you and MB. Irresponsible behavior and the desire for a handout. It is great that this county helps out the unfortunate via public assistance. But after the people fail at helping themselves, that is where my assistance should stop! It doesn't even take HARD work in this country to get your life together....just honesty, a work ethic, no substance abuse, a little motivation, and not having more kids when you receiving a government handout. There are no handouts in life so all of you New Orleans natives who are getting defensive and not part of the problem...back the fvck off.....if you are part of the problem, elect MB mayor...that should be an IA with joint credit.:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
kat14 said:
Don't fight with a native about the glory of our city. You'll never win.
All the tits in the world will never make up for Mayor Ray.

Ducky

Formerly SNA2007
pilot
Contributor
The actions of the locals in the 9th ward and Superdome are inexcusable. Period. And it seems to be endemic with a large portion of "That fair city".

Could not agree with you more on that point; however, the city is so racialy divided that when someone does come in with a solution that calls for drastic changes they get the race card pulled and are forced to step down. Ive seen it happen to school board directors as well as other prominet city officials on numerous occasions. Therefore people that have the leadership and willpower to fix the problem stay away. It really is a sad situation.

MB thanks again for flying during that time

Ducky

Formerly SNA2007
pilot
Contributor
All the tits in the world will never make up for Mayor Ray.

I have a pint glass from a New Orleans bar that has a picture of a characterized C RAY.

And it states "Willy Nagin and the Choclate City"

Even Locals hate that guy

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
During a rescue one was killed when she fell through the strop. She was right under the door and reached up with both hands (like a touchdown signal) to try and grab the AW. She slid right out.

That is just terrible. Although you have to wonder what would compell her to be so absent-minded....It's kind of common-sense.....

Pags

N/A
pilot
That is just terrible. Although you have to wonder what would compell her to be so absent-minded....It's kind of common-sense.....

I don't want to get into specifics about this mishap, as all my knowledge of it comes from the SIR. For helo drivers in the RAG or new to the fleet, I'd recommend getting a copy of it and reading it. I can't remember which squadron it was from, but I want to say it was from an East Coast HSL.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Hell, you could weld the doors shut here in the PUMA and I can be OK for 2 weeks off of what is inside, including water.

Hmmm, sounds like a challenge. :) The PUMA has aluminum walls correct? Someone grab a tig welder, this could get interesting!:D

Achilles

That dog won't hunt, Monsignor!
pilot

I don't agree with the lawsuit but I could see how someone could do this in a panic. I help teach SCUBA diving and part of that involves reading a lot of yearly mishap reports, and you'd be amazed at what people do when they start to panic in uncomfortable situations/conditions. Like I said I don't agree with the lawsuit because the AW's were risking their lives to save her and it was simply an accident.