• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lawsuit Katrina Style

voodooqueen

DAR Lapsarian
Lets see, attitude from people who we are helping (yelling/borderline assaulting my SAR swimmers). Lady in the cabin in the "Tunnel" in a SH-60B (goes to cockpit) verbally abusing me and my copilot as I am trying to not hit phone poles, power lines, and other aircraft.

I've been to Nawlin's before. My grandmother used to live there. Most of the city needs to be given back to the swamp. Just a welfare society waiting for the great flood followed by the great handout. When I see people who are on Welfare, living off MY tax dollars, driving a nicer car than me, something is seriously fvcked up.

New Orleans is a prime example of what happens when welfare culture goes bad. People have/take NO ACCOUNTABILITY for their actions because "the government" will bail them out and take care of them.

I'm done playing airborne taxi to a bunch of leeches who were not even appreciative. I'd say for every elderly person who we got, or disabled person, there were 10 that left for reasons most along the lines of "I did not want to miss my welfare check" because they were coming in a couple days.

Also, you people knew this was coming. There was NO EXCUSE for not having water and a couple days worth of canned goods. Yet people were "starving" 3 days in. Hell, you could weld the doors shut here in the PUMA and I can be OK for 2 weeks off of what is inside, including water.

Army Warrant I was BSin with at NAS New Orleans during a gas/MRE stop..
"This place is about 2 days from being Mogadishu with water".

The actions of the locals in the 9th ward and Superdome are inexcusable. Period. And it seems to be endemic with a large portion of "That fair city".
It's a shame that you got the abuse and not the gratitude. That's not exactly my neighborhood, but I can imagine.

You are right; they absolutely should have let the lower 9th and some other areas go back to swamp or "green area" as they are calling it, instead of spending millions on rebuilding levees to protect an obliterated area. But thanks to Jesse Jackson and Brad Pitt there's no chance of that.

I did hear that the police let the dogs run loose so that they could stuff looters in the dog cages for a few days. That just seemed right to me.