• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lawsuit Katrina Style

MasterBates

I will never understand "underprivlidged youth's" fascination with off road bikes with ridiculous mods to ride in the ghetto.

When my brand new YZ400F (Motocross bike) was stolen in 1998. they were riding it in a "hood" in Boston when they got caught. Of course, after I got it back, a year later (totally trashed) they sued me for injuries.

And yes, that went to court.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I will never understand "underprivlidged youth's" fascination with off road bikes with ridiculous mods to ride in the ghetto.

When my brand new YZ400F (Motocross bike) was stolen in 1998. they were riding it in a "hood" in Boston when they got caught. Of course, after I got it back, a year later (totally trashed) they sued me for injuries.

I never understood anyone's fascination with off road bikes, but that is just me.

And it was thrown out?

MasterBates

It went to trial. I won, only because of a sticker on the rear fender stating "high-performance machine, experienced rider only"

They said where I had left it (locked in a CONEX box on the farm) was too tempting, and it was accessible to them. They cried "but I don't have money like you to buy nice things" and their lawyer tried to paint me as "spoiled rich college kid".

Yah, I left it real accessible where they could jump on it and take it for a ride and hurt themselves (argument was I did not "properly secure" it).

They needed Hydraulic bolt cutters to break the locks to get into the CONEX box. I hate scum-sucking lawyers. They were after $$ for "pain and suffering" (jackass broke arm and back crashing it)

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
I don't see why that wasn't laughed out of court. Do you think their lawyers actually go home at the end of the day holding their heads high? Sad thing is, they probably do. After all, they are helping the "under-privileged". Political correct bull

MasterBates

Yah. After having to pay to defend myself against a frivolous lawsuit. You know how hard it is for a college kid to come up with the coin for a lawyer?

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
Yah. After having to pay to defend myself against a frivolous lawsuit. You know how hard it is for a college kid to come up with the coin for a lawyer?
What, no counter-suit?

I'll suspend my intelligence and buy-in to where they're coming from for a second. How on earth could you be liable for that, and not the manufacturer???? I guess the deep pockets of the manufacturer are less tempting given that those same pockets would be able to afford a quality defense.

SemperFlyMarine

The CRF's Worst Nightmare

Well that shouldn't be a problem, seeing as how you were able to spend all the money on a dirt bike, you spoiled white college boy.:D

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor

Seriously.... do you drown puppies in your free time MB?

I am just trying to understand what god you pissed the fvck off to get such Karma??