• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Let's see your guns!

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Pics and video from my first IPSC/USPSA match of the season! I had injured my back pretty seriously and after a couple of procedures and PT I was finally feeling well enough to "get back in the game".

Kimber Custom II 1911 Single Stack, with Wilson 8 round mags - Three vids are of me - one is of one of our club's "hot guns" - he is shooting a wide body STI 2011.

http://picasaweb.google.com/ChuckMahon/USPSAJune2007

Chuck

pat

Anybody have experience with CPO's from SIG? Looking for a 229R but $800+ at the shops here is a bit high.

http://www.ordnanceoutsellers.com/index.htm

CPO is good stuff; the price is palatable and the gun gets a 1 year warranty. As long as you are cool with a little wear on the frame, I would say go for it. I own a 229 in 40SW with the night sights, and I love it. They don't make a beer can opener for the picatinny rail yet, so it's bare.

Are you going for the DAK or the SA/DA? One of the selling points for the Sig for me was the decocker, so I stayed SA/DA.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Just picked up a "Nighthawk" Vicker's Tactical 1911A1 with 8 magazines. Very nice pistol ... but what a silly name. :)

Read the M1911.org review of this pistol

nhvt1911fh3.jpg

isshinwhat

None
Are you going for the DAK or the SA/DA? One of the selling points for the Sig for me was the decocker, so I stayed SA/DA.

I pick up my SA/DA 229R on Thursday. Tried to get a CPO but SIG doesn't have any in right now for delivery and won't let the dealers cherry pick anymore, so no one knows exactly what they are getting other than the generic 229 order; no options on sights, finish, DAK-DA... Picked one up used with no wear that a guy just bought and returned on trade for a custom Kimber 1911. Dropped the price $200 off MSRP with night sights, so I'm happy. Let you know how it shoots.

pat

You can't buy a better gun for the money, good call. As for the CPO, the only option for the sights (according to the site) was the standard contrast sights.

Good work. :icon_zbee

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
A4s - Great choice!

How do you like the Gunner Grips?

C.
Chuckster: not as much as I thought I would ... they are quite "sharp" and while I COULD sand them -- I'd rather keep them in their original condition. Soooooooo ... while the Gunner's are @ $90 if purchased separately, I ordered a pair of their maple grips (another $90 :eek:) 'cause I like the "contrast" of the dark frame and lighter woodgrain grips.

gripsky5.jpg

As far as grip feel and functionality, there's plenty of 'gripping surface' with the front and rear backstrap checkering all by it's lonesome ...

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
@A4s - Nice! Now you need some Wilson 47D 8 round mags - and a holster, and mag pouches - and get yourself to a USPSA event and compete in the Single Stack Division!

Give us a range report when you can!

CM

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
@A4s - Nice! Now you need some Wilson 47D 8 round mags - and a holster, and mag pouches - and get yourself to a USPSA event and compete in the Single Stack Division!

Give us a range report when you can!

CM
I don't know about the Wilson's ... the 8 mags I got were all blue 8-rounders from ACT ... they are suppose to be "bullet proof" ... we'll see.

Some of the 'smiths working at Nighthawk are former Bill Wilson employees ... Berryville, Arkansas ... now who could know ... ???
:)

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Very NICE! Do I notice those beveled (almost funneling) edges around the entry point for the mag? I always thought those were a cool touch.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Very NICE! Do I notice those beveled (almost funneling) edges around the entry point for the mag? I always thought those were a cool touch.
If you mean the mag well (??) ... it's an integral one piece with the grip, not like Smith & Alexander.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Yea, thats what I meant. I guess I was having a hard time describing it, since I don't know what they're actually called. Rounded mag well thingy didn't sound right...:D Put any holes in paper yet?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
... Put any holes in paper yet?
Not yet ... it's at home ... I'm at the beach. The infamous "test target" had one hole -- 5 rounds -- can't remember how many yards -- either 15 or 25.

I did manage chew up a log or two with my semi-new AR-style "pistol" ... just making "firewood" for the beach fire .... this AR-pistol clone the one by Kel-Tec, a firm I thought I would never buy anything from ... it works great, BTW.

The moral is don't say "never", I guess ... :)