• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Let's see your guns!

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Got a 7mm Mauser (Pre-WWI) with a sporterized stock for Christmas. Passed down from my great-grandfather.

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg
German Proofmark
IMG_0271.jpg

Bought one of these at a gunshow this weekend. Ordered most of the parts already, will post pics when I get it all built up.
Going to be a 6.8mm SPC
small__06_05_2006_17_43_2zGnW5BagTHr3mZmegalr1a.jpg

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
It has an external extractor. Not a fan of them in the 1911 platform. If you want a 1911, there is a plethora of options available.

I'm really digging the new 1911 that Taurus has put out. I've yet to actually get my hands on one but everything I've read about them...sounds pretty sweet. Plus, they're pretty cheap with lots of good upgrades factory.

Old NFO

None
Just about every college in the country bans weapons of any kind, from guns, to knives, to brass knuckles.

In the case of some state schools, I believe it actually IS illegal to bring a weapon onto campus.
Not necessarily true- Utah allows concealed carry on campus. I also think either Nebraska or Oklahoma used to.

Old NFO

None
Noticed this post and thought I'd mention Shooters Paradise burned down two days after you posted this... :(

Anyways, this Virginia Tech insanity has sparked my interest into getting a handgun (I'm sure all of you, as I, would have liked to be able to fight back in that situation.) I know the likelihood of using it in that situation is nil but I've always been intrigued by the hobby. Well, I'm definitely new to firearms but I was just searching through Smith and Wessuns website and this pistol caught my eye. Not pimp platinum either :)
108296_large.jpg

(Not completely familiar with concealed weapons laws so I'm not sure I'd be legally able or even want to carry this concealed). Definitely pricey but I don't mind paying for quality. If a S&W is good enough for A4's, then they must be doing something right. :) Any thoughts?

Thanks, I knew about it- I've been on the road, so most of the coverage I saw of the VT massacre was on CNN International. Definitely anti-gun!!!
r,
jim

Lawman

None
What is that - HK 91? 7.62?

Civilian designation for the Semi-Auto only version of the G-3. They sticker in the 2000+ area as they arent exactly common. There is also the Clone PTR-91 which is built using H&K tooling but they arent quite the gun you should be getting for 12-14 hundred.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Navy issue M4

Got to play with this today; wish it was mine.....

RIVRONM4.jpg
[/IMG]

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
Quick question. For those of you who carry, can you bring it on base? I assume that you cannot but was curious anyways.

And if you cannot, what if you live on base?

Lawman

None
Quick question. For those of you who carry, can you bring it on base? I assume that you cannot but was curious anyways.

And if you cannot, what if you live on base?

Completely up to the Base Commanders discretion however for the most part you may as well just assume that no you cant carry a loaded weapon on a military base.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Keep 'em comin Joe, I am just gettin warmed up. :D

You asked for 'em, you get 'em

Commander of Special Mission Training Center (CAPT Dean, USCG) picks out a weapon of his liking

CAPT_Dean.jpg
[/IMG]

CAPT Dean's toys

Coasties.jpg