• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Let's see your guns!

Fixer2Flyer

Use to fix it...Now I'm going to fly it
How do you like that Savage?

The .270 Savage is awesome. Straight out of the box I had groupings of around an 1 or so at 100 yards. After tweaking it and getting it set for my style of shooting, it now shoots groupings that are less then an inch. It now comes with an accu-trigger which is sort of like a safety, but I am sure that it doesn't change the accuracy of the gun any.

AW's, after plinking around with my friends' guns for awhile, I finally anted up and got one of my own--a Springfield XD-40.
XD40.jpg

Love it, great gun so far. Anyone got an ammo preference for this? What about holsters (belt)--I've heard "High Noon" and "Don Hume," (thanks Guns&Ammo) but that's it. I've taken my CCW course out here in VA, still new to the gun scene, but I can see this becoming a habit...=)

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
I've got two Don Hume holsters that I carry my .45 XD with. One IWB and one belt slide. I have had nothing but positive experience with Don Hume products and customer service. Figure out how and when you want to carry, find a reliable holster, and practice, practice, practice. Personally, I like leather, but some people like kydex because it can be faster on the draw.

Old NFO

None
I'd recommend Speer Gold Dot. for Self defense. For practice, I shoot Winchester White Box or Atlanta Arms. Don't know where you shoot, but if you're in the DC area, Shooters Paradise in Woodbridge gives Military discount.

Old NFO

None
Shooter's Paradise is good gouge. I spent more than my fair share of money and time there while at TBS.
I still do when I'm in town....:D Well, I sent my 81 Belgian Browning to Wayne Novak for a little work... I should get it back next week and will post pics and put up a range report after I shoot it. What the hey... It's only money, right?:D

sodajones

Combat Engineer
I have a Remington model 700 SPS Stainless .300 WSM with the model 700 titanium light weight stock and a Leopold VariX3 3-9 scope for hunting.

But what I really think is special is my father's completely original M1 Carbine. His father (my grandfather) recieved it from a Marine Corsair pilot who was a veteran of WW2. The rifle has never seen action, but I guess that's because the pilot never got shot down. I consider it one of my family's most valuable treasures next to my grandpa's "rifle expert" badge. I still take it up every once in a while and it shoots just fine for the most part. It's a beautiful piece of history.

IMG_1476.jpg

narfmasta

I have a Vepr II .308
Glock 19
and a Yildiz 12 ga O/U shotgun

n16702276_32209511_5124.jpg

Glock w/ speer gold dot ammo
n16702276_31568602_3626.jpg

My shotgun is the middle one (lighter colored wood)
n16702276_33320694_5013.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
....But what I really think is special is my father's completely original M1 Carbine. His father (my grandfather) recieved it from a Marine Corsair pilot who was a veteran of WW2. ...

Your carbine ... with "provenance" .... i.e., it's history, written down and notarized .... is worth @ $2000-$3000 .... depends on overall condition and manufacturer.....

Believe it ....

sodajones

Combat Engineer
Your carbine ... with "provenance" .... i.e., it's history, written down and notarized .... is worth @ $2000-$3000 .... depends on overall condition and manufacturer.....

Believe it ....

Sir, it's worth much more to me than any monetary amount. I certainly do believe it, and certainly do not take it lightly.

I'll post another picture up later of a "trench knife" that my grandfather also recieved. It has spiked knuckles and is pretty wicked looking, I'm pretty sure it wasn't standard issue and was probably fabricated by a very creative Marine.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Sir, it's worth much more to me than any monetary amount. I certainly do believe it, and certainly do not take it lightly.

I'll post another picture up later of a "trench knife" that my grandfather also recieved. It has spiked knuckles and is pretty wicked looking, I'm pretty sure it wasn't standard issue and was probably fabricated by a very creative Marine.

Good.

I would NEVER sell it, unless you have to eat. And ONLY if you can't eat your Grandfather's carbine .... as it's a better investment than diamonds, plus it's got a strong personal attachment.

I've got my Dad's WW2 Colt
1911A1 (actually, an Ithaca) ... it went through a lot in the "Big One" and saw combat action from Sicily to Normandy to Germany to occupation duty in Austria . And then on into "peacetime" for another 20 or so years.

My Dad died in December. I'll NEVER sell his personal sidearm ... even if I have to eat ....

Lawman

None
My pride and joy

M14.jpg

Needs a rail and optics ;)

Granted doing so would queer up the "traditional" lines of the M1/M14 series rifle. Seeing photos of those new tactical railed M-14's (that weigh even more) Ive never seen such a butt ugly rifle.