• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Let's see your guns!

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Needs a rail and optics ;)

Granted doing so would queer up the "traditional" lines of the M1/M14 series rifle. Seeing photos of those new tactical railed M-14's (that weigh even more) Ive never seen such a butt ugly rifle.

I like it in National Match configuration. It was built for me by a SEAL sniper and it has a twin (his) with a scope and bipod. I keep it at his "armory" at Fallon and can shoot either one so no need at present to trick it out.

Lawman

None
I like it in National Match configuration. It was built for me by a SEAL sniper and it has a twin (his) with a scope and bipod. I keep it at his "armory" at Fallon and can shoot either one so no need at present to trick it out.

I just finished (once the spacer for the Aimpoint arrives) my AR project. Now to go buy a SA58 FAL (Sold my STG58 about a year ago.... why Im still not sure) and build a good scoped reach out and touch you rifle.

Ill get photos of the AR up once that spacer arrives and everything is set..... I didnt think it was gonna turn into the project it did.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor

Big guy, retired BMCS? I love his garage. Good guy.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Big guy, retired BMCS? I love his garage. Good guy.

BMCS (SEAL). that would be him all right. Best garage in Fallon and so convenient to base and do-it-yourself shooting range just across the road. Cooks a mean tri-tip as well.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I just finished (once the spacer for the Aimpoint arrives) my AR project. Now to go buy a SA58 FAL (Sold my STG58 about a year ago.... why Im still not sure) and build a good scoped reach out and touch you rifle.

Ill get photos of the AR up once that spacer arrives and everything is set..... I didnt think it was gonna turn into the project it did.

It never starts out that way!I started building a KISS plain jane A2 HBAR - bext thing you know I have a KAC RAS, bipod and KAC bipod adapter, Aimpoint M68, ARMS BUIS, Magpul MIAD grip, KAC verticle forgrip, mags, it goes on and on!

I got the co-witness spacer for mine and it makes all the difference!

Zeroed in tonight at 25M (25/300M battle zero method) - worked like a charm!

pat

Yup! HK91 in 7.62. My deal with my wife when I reenlisted was that I could have any one toy that I wanted, and the rest would go to the house. If I had told her what my "toy" was going to cost me, she may not have agreed. :D

flysupertomcat

Jim told me I can buy Gaydar online
I'd recommend Speer Gold Dot. for Self defense. For practice, I shoot Winchester White Box or Atlanta Arms. Don't know where you shoot, but if you're in the DC area, Shooters Paradise in Woodbridge gives Military discount.

Noticed this post and thought I'd mention Shooters Paradise burned down two days after you posted this... :(

http://www.manassasfire.com/previou.../2007_03_18_13979_jefferson_davis_highway.htm

Anyways, this Virginia Tech insanity has sparked my interest into getting a handgun (I'm sure all of you, as I, would have liked to be able to fight back in that situation.) I know the likelihood of using it in that situation is nil but I've always been intrigued by the hobby. Well, I'm definitely new to firearms but I was just searching through Smith and Wessuns website and this pistol caught my eye. Not pimp platinum either :)
108296_large.jpg

(Not completely familiar with concealed weapons laws so I'm not sure I'd be legally able or even want to carry this concealed). Definitely pricey but I don't mind paying for quality. If a S&W is good enough for A4's, then they must be doing something right. :) Any thoughts?

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Looks pretty sweet, but skip the lazer. Get night sights for it and you will get on target faster. The actual usefullness of a lazer is pretty limited.

MasterBates

It has an external extractor. Not a fan of them in the 1911 platform. If you want a 1911, there is a plethora of options available.

sodajones

Combat Engineer
Until the end of 2005, my dad was the NW' regional rep for Beretta...he has a Kimber in the drawer next to his bed. Point is, what's most important is how comfortable you are with the gun.

osu33

AW's, after plinking around with my friends' guns for awhile, I finally anted up and got one of my own--a Springfield XD-40.
XD40.jpg

Love it, great gun so far. Anyone got an ammo preference for this? What about holsters (belt)--I've heard "High Noon" and "Don Hume," (thanks Guns&Ammo) but that's it. I've taken my CCW course out here in VA, still new to the gun scene, but I can see this becoming a habit...=)

What made you decide on the 40 rather than the 45? Played around with both today but didn't actually shoot them. I liked the feel of the 40 better than the 45. Anyone played with the new 45 compact at all?

BigRed389

None
Noticed this post and thought I'd mention Shooters Paradise burned down two days after you posted this... :(

http://www.manassasfire.com/previou.../2007_03_18_13979_jefferson_davis_highway.htm

Anyways, this Virginia Tech insanity has sparked my interest into getting a handgun (I'm sure all of you, as I, would have liked to be able to fight back in that situation.) I know the likelihood of using it in that situation is nil but I've always been intrigued by the hobby. Well, I'm definitely new to firearms but I was just searching through Smith and Wessuns website and this pistol caught my eye. Not pimp platinum either :)
108296_large.jpg

(Not completely familiar with concealed weapons laws so I'm not sure I'd be legally able or even want to carry this concealed). Definitely pricey but I don't mind paying for quality. If a S&W is good enough for A4's, then they must be doing something right. :) Any thoughts?

Just about every college in the country bans weapons of any kind, from guns, to knives, to brass knuckles.

In the case of some state schools, I believe it actually IS illegal to bring a weapon onto campus.