• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 2015 IDC Board

Scaevola

Arts and Crafts SME
Describe your waiting experience via movie title.
These seemed relevant, with some slight modifications:

The Silence of the [NRC]

[Waiting] Around the World [for] 80 Days (okay, this one's better known as a book)

You've Got Mail [But Not From Your Recruiter!]

The NeverEnding Story

HawaiiIDC

PRO-REC Y IP 1820
The September 2014 results were released on day 58 after the board convened, which is the the longest in 5 years. The next longest board after that to release results was at the 48 day mark, which occurred also in 2014. Monday, we will be at the 35th day.

Last edited:
These seemed relevant, with some slight modifications:

The Silence of the [NRC]

[Waiting] Around the World [for] 80 Days (okay, this one's better known as a book)

You've Got Mail [But Not From Your Recruiter!]

The NeverEnding Story

When I get my OR's Voice-mail
images

Natalie1986

I am a BM3 and I put my package in for the board for the December board so I have been waiting for 7-8 months for these results wish they would just come out

EW760

Good to see different rates on here. CTT1 here, any of you put IW for your first choice? What order are all your choices?

tluong14

I've put in for CEC as my first choice, INTEL as second, and finally AMDO. I was not selected for AMDO in February, but I hope I get selected for something.

pdt_192

I've also gotta confess. I was doing the same thing as spideygirl. I've been following these forums without actually applying and you guys have been great. Especially thank you to hawaiiIDC for his constant updating for us civilians. I applied for the september board and here we are again...hopefully we get some answers soon!

usnavymle

Pro-Rec Y IW
For a few of the new arrivals, a recap on IDC selections:

- SWO options generally don't select high numbers (usually one or two for each option, if any). In fact, one of the two SWO-IW selects was redesignated to IW prior to shipping due to a cut to SWO-IW selection numbers. The general advice with these designators seems to favor choosing one or the other (SWO or the IDC designator), rather than banking on the SWO option as a first choice. Personally, I think applying for the SWO option as secondary to your IDC designator of choice (e.g. 1. IP 2. SWO-IP) demonstrates your commitment to that particular program, and, judging from the reluctance of certain boards to even consider packages in which their particular designator isn't the first or second option, board members might see this the same way.

- The INTEL portion of this IDC board is, for the most part, closed this go-round. Information on this has varied, but @RUFiO181, a recruiter and reliable source, has stated that INTEL will not be making selections for the March IDC Board. Rumor is that INTEL might possibly be making selections from AD applicants only, but this has yet to be confirmed. Applicants for INTEL, especially those from the civilian sector, should try to find out whether or not their packages were reviewed once results are released, as receiving a PRO-REC X (signifying the board was not held) would have much different implications for a future package than a PRO-REC N (signifying the package was reviewed, but was not professionally recommended for that designator).

- Beware, METOC applicants: METOC selections are very low, if not entirely non-existent. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, but, short of having a Master's degree in the field, METOC rarely selects civilian applicants. I think there was actually one picked up from the September board, but that applicant's package was solid.

- IDC selections have been considerably low for the past two boards (around 10% for both May 2014 and September 2014) due in part to two of the cancellation of the other FY15 selection boards (meaning double the applicants, more or less). Selections also seem to favor those with advanced degrees, high GPAs, leadership experience, and/or experience in one of the IDC ratings. If your goal is solely to become an Officer in the U.S. Navy, other designators out there currently have a much higher selection rate. However, if you're committed to becoming an IP, IW, or INTEL officer, keep pushing. Non-selection hurts, but continuing to improve upon your package and qualifications could land you a selection spot eventually. I've seen in-rate applicants with advanced degrees get N's twice before finally getting picked up, so don't lose hope. In the end, it all comes down to the number of selections allotted.

My intent here is not to be a Debbie-downer, but rather to fill in other officer hopefuls on what I've learned during my time here, as well as save them some of the heartache that September board applicants experienced.