• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 2015 IDC Board

usnavymle

Pro-Rec Y IW
It's not that people don't get it, it's that information is not available. For AD, no instruction states that SWO cannot be a third choice or should not be a third choice if trying to be considered for that designator. As far as the threads on this site, I am sure I can find information about that topic now but how is that any good. I didn't know about this site until a few months ago so forgive me if I am asking questions that have been answered before.

It's all a part of doing your research before applying. They're not going to put that in the instruction because it's just a board preference that is subject to change.
If there's not ond I already missed, I think creating a pinned thread that annotates current trends for the biggest designatorswould be beneficial in situations like this. I'm sure folks would still miss it and ask the same questions, but it would definitely make linking to information a lot easier. Lord knows, nobody wants to go dig through the September board thread's 150 pages for ANYTHING lol. Still, folks gotta make good use of the search option to review past board threads for pertinent information.

Question for you though: how were you picked up for the September IDC Board, medically TNPQ, and not given the opportunity to provide additional documentation and information for a waiver?

LukeS

It's all a part of doing your research before applying. They're not going to put that in the instruction because it's just a board preference that is subject to change.
If there's not ond I already missed, I think creating a pinned thread that annotates current trends for the biggest designatorswould be beneficial in situations like this. I'm sure folks would still miss it and ask the same questions, but it would definitely make linking to information a lot easier. Lord knows, nobody wants to go dig through the September board thread's 150 pages for ANYTHING lol. Still, folks gotta make good use of the search option to review past board threads for pertinent information.

Question for you though: how were you picked up for the September IDC Board, medically TNPQ, and not given the opportunity to provide additional documentation and information for a waiver?
I didn't get picked up for the September board, unfortunately I am currently deployed and couldn't get the package on time. I finished my package late September and submitted then. When December rolled around and I hadn't heard anything (didnt know the board in dec had been cancelled) I emailed the help desk and they told me I was disqualified due to medical and that if I wanted to be considered for the March board I needed to supply additional medical paperwork which I have. Now I am just waiting like everyone else.

usnavymle

Pro-Rec Y IW
Ah, alright. I was under the impression that everyone has their medical processed after being professionally recommended.

From what I hear, applying from sea can be pretty rough. Did you talk to any recent SWO OCS grads on your ship, or compare applications/have them review yours prior to applying? That also might have helped in the absence of a decent Internet connection.

LukeS

Ah, alright. I was under the impression that everyone has their medical processed after being professionally recommended.

From what I hear, applying from sea can be pretty rough. Did you talk to any recent SWO OCS grads on your ship, or compare applications/have them review yours prior to applying? That also might have helped in the absence of a decent Internet connection.
I received a lot of feedback and help from two SWO's here onboard and emailed three OCS grads for IP. The IP guys were a lot of help due to serving with them on prior ships. The SWO here was the one who told me to add SWO as a third option because that's how he got selected. He is a LT now so I guess things changed since then.

usnavymle

Pro-Rec Y IW
@LukeS , I'm just getting to look at your stats for the first time (not on mobile this morning), and, aside from your OAR score, you seem like a prime IP candidate. I don't want to say that IT-to-IP will have direct carryover, but it's certainly the closest as far as Navy rates are concerned. Additionally, your BS in Info Tech, excellent GPA, and good service record will most likely hold much more weight than your OAR. I know two priors here (IWs) who got a 45 and 44 respectively. Only other thing I could think of is maybe some more senior ranking IPOs for LORs. One suggestion I would make if you were to reapply, other than possibly retaking the OAR, would be to go through your CoC to try to get an LOR from a commodore or flag officer from a NCTAMS (assuming you've worked at one) or a previous duty station, dependent on whether or not the individual you served under is still around.

BUT, I know about as much as Jon Snow when it comes to what the board is gonna look at as make-or-break. I'm just opining. ;)

Still_Waiting_Alt.jpg

exNavyOffRec

@LukeS , I'm just getting to look at your stats for the first time (not on mobile this morning), and, aside from your OAR score, you seem like a prime IP candidate. I don't want to say that IT-to-IP will have direct carryover, but it's certainly the closest as far as Navy rates are concerned. Additionally, your BS in Info Tech, excellent GPA, and good service record will most likely hold much more weight than your OAR. I know two priors here (IWs) who got a 45 and 44 respectively. Only other thing I could think of is maybe some more senior ranking IPOs for LORs. One suggestion I would make if you were to reapply, other than possibly retaking the OAR, would be to go through your CoC to try to get an LOR from a commodore or flag officer from a NCTAMS (assuming you've worked at one) or a previous duty station, dependent on whether or not the individual you served under is still around.

BUT, I know about as much as Jon Snow when it comes to what the board is gonna look at as make-or-break. I'm just opining. ;)

I would agree, he does have good stats, the thing going against him is he applied for designators that pick 2-3 (IP) and about 6 (SWO-IP) per year, going for IW would have been a better option.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Remember, IDC boards have the longest wait time. As you can see with the previous threads, it took several weeks for results to be released. Shouldn't be a surprise for the wait here.

Manzo

Amicmanzo
On a double anxious waiting list... This and waiting in line for PRK/lasik! I wonder which will come first...