• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 2015 IDC Board

tluong14

I know this is an IDC thread, but does anyone the status of the CEC that is convening on April 27th? I started a forum in the CEC thread, but it's not getting any action.

HawaiiIDC

PRO-REC Y IP 1820
No BOL (BUPERS) results today. I will be checking daily for everyone from here on in, since we are at day 36, and results could come out any day now.

Natalie1986

Let me ask this do letters of recommendation help you package look better? I have heard they don'y really look at those. @usnavyml

spideyflygirl90

@usnavymle Not going to lie, that's a pretty discouraging sounding post. I do appreciate the information though. If we get a Pro Rec N, what sorts of things can improve our packet for a resubmission? I'm civilian and the only feedback I've gotten from my recruiter is that my packet is "extremely competitive". But that doesn't really explain what gets the most weight and what might improve chances of selection, etc.

Do you have any advice?

HawaiiIDC

PRO-REC Y IP 1820
@usnavymle Not going to lie, that's a pretty discouraging sounding post. I do appreciate the information though. If we get a Pro Rec N, what sorts of things can improve our packet for a resubmission? I'm civilian and the only feedback I've gotten from my recruiter is that my packet is "extremely competitive". But that doesn't really explain what gets the most weight and what might improve chances of selection, etc.

Do you have any advice?
@spideyflygirl90, this topic has been discussed and answered in probably over 200 posts on this site.

usnavymle

Pro-Rec Y IW

Do you have any advice?
Results aren't out yet, so it's not like you don't have a shot. I just figured I'd restate the odds (based on recent selection percentages) for everyone here.
What seems to happen often is, applicants will take the shotgun blast approach when applying, choosing a variety of designators. Then, afyer seeing high selection rates for other programs like SWO (when selections are high), and expect the same here.
My only advice to you would be to look through past threads, specifically those ones for more recent IDC boards, and just read. You can get a feel out what selection rates are like for each designator, and compare package results of those picked up to get an idea of what the board might look for, as well as how you might improve your package.
Other than doing extensive research here on your own, my only other advice would be to apply for one of the primary IDC designators first, its SWO-option equivalent second, and then rework your package to commit to that particular designator (ex. "If selected for OCEANO..." in your essays and "Spidey girl is by far the best candidate for OCEANO..." in LoRs written by current OCEANOs). I just used OCEANO as an example there BTW.

exNavyOffRec

Clearly my apologies are due for having not read every single post on the forum yet.

It can take a while and sometimes a person can link the post with the information.

I wonder why your recruiter steered you to IDC when it is the toughest designator to get into? you do have a degree that is a preferred degree but what is your GPA? In general though if you get a "N" the odds of being picked up on a subsequent board for the same designator are slim, the nice thing is you meet the age requirements for several other designators.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
It can take a while and sometimes a person can link the post with the information.

I wonder why your recruiter steered you to IDC when it is the toughest designator to get into? you do have a degree that is a preferred degree but what is your GPA? In general though if you get a "N" the odds of being picked up on a subsequent board for the same designator are slim, the nice thing is you meet the age requirements for several other designators.

She's a product of NRD Portland... HEY-OH! Shots fired!

LukeS

@RUFiO181
I submitted my package in Sept but found out that I was Med disqualified in December. I resubmitted medical documentation but didn't get cleared until 04Feb15. I know that was the cutoff date for IDC so I got lucky there but what about the SWO designator. I know you have stated this before but do you think I made the cutoff date for the SWO board in Feb or they just ignored my package being that SWO was my third choice?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
@RUFiO181
I submitted my package in Sept but found out that I was Med disqualified in December. I resubmitted medical documentation but didn't get cleared until 04Feb15. I know that was the cutoff date for IDC so I got lucky there but what about the SWO designator. I know you have stated this before but do you think I made the cutoff date for the SWO board in Feb or they just ignored my package being that SWO was my third choice?

Look around and you'll see why SWO can't be your third or beyond choice. The horse has been beaten numerous times with that one and folks still don't get it.

LukeS

Look around and you'll see why SWO can't be your third or beyond choice. The horse has been beaten numerous times with that one and folks still don't get it.
It's not that people don't get it, it's that information is not available. For AD, no instruction states that SWO cannot be a third choice or should not be a third choice if trying to be considered for that designator. As far as the threads on this site, I am sure I can find information about that topic now but how is that any good. I didn't know about this site until a few months ago so forgive me if I am asking questions that have been answered before.