• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Married Pilots, need some advice...

Hold the whipped jokes, but which aircraft allows you to see your wife the most?

• F-18

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • P-3

Votes: 25 46.3%
  • C-2

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • E-2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SH-60

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Other...

Votes: 16 29.6%

• Total voters

KBayDog

"If I hear 'FCF standby' one more time..."

You guys actually have to FCF, like the rest of us mortals?

I figured that iQA would have your iCrew plug your iBird into a docking station, which would be a virtual iFCF...one much better than any *gulp* human could ever accomplish. ;)

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
You guys actually have to FCF, like the rest of us mortals?

I figured that iQA would have your iCrew plug your iBird into a docking station, which would be a virtual iFCF...one much better than any *gulp* human could ever accomplish. ;)

Still an FCF, but everything's built in. Fly the airspeeds, hit the "record vibe data" on the MFD at each one, land, hit,"RTB calculate," and voila. It's the one FCF card that's actually easier than the TH-57. None of that CH-46E adjusting the beep control while a crewchief reads numbers off the test set in back crap.

S.O.B.

pilot
No, no, no, no ... you misunderstand MasterBates & his marriage/relationship Air Warriors seminars ......

What he REALLY means to say is:

If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life
Never make a pretty woman your wife
So for my personal point of view
Get an ugly girl to marry you

A pretty woman makes her husband look small
And very often causes his downfall
As soon as he married her and then she starts
To do the things that will break his heart

But if you make an ugly woman your wife
A-you'll be happy for the rest of your life
An ug-a-ly woman cooks meals on time
And she'll always give you peace of mind

.... compliments of Jimmy Soul and 'real' '60's music ... a.k.a. music with a life message .... :D

Having a hot wife in Naval Aviation is like parking a Ferrari in Compton with the keys in it.

staff03

i just spoke to a recently retired helo pilot about the deployment cycles/ time at home etc... and she told me that your first 3 year sea tour USUALLY consists of 2 deployments at about 6 mo each, meaning you are "home" for 2 of those 3 years, then comes the 2 year shore duty of which you are home doing one of a number of different duties, after this is the 2nd sea tour which is just like the first. after this your initial commitment is up and its your choice of going on and doing your disassoc. sea tour of which you are gone pretty much the entire time. as far as i understood it, the really terrible times of not being home at all or not alot come AFTER your initial commitment so you had to choose to stay in the navy or not. will someone please confirm/dispute what this pilot has told me?

MasterBates

I dispute this.

There are 2 nominal 6 month deployments. On average.

But there are also 6 months (minimum) worth of workups, dets, TAD, etc. 50% at home is about the best you can hope for.

I spent much less time at sea than most of my peers, and I was gone ~40% of the time on TAD, Deployment, Workups, Etc.

llnick2001

it’s just malfeasance for malfeasance’s sake
pilot
I'm fairly inexperienced myself, but from what I've gathered talking to many pilots, I'd say masterbates is a lot closer to reality than simply stating you'll be home 2 of 3 years.

llnick2001

it’s just malfeasance for malfeasance’s sake
pilot
I thought the shore duty was another 3 year gig, but someone will tell you if I'm full of it. The thing with shore duty is you could still be working long hours and nothing is guaranteed if the Navy needs you. What spouses (since that's kind of the theme of this thread) need to know is basically, shit happens. You could end up with an IA or any other neat little neat little shore tour shortening assignment the Navy can think up. Generally speaking though, yes, you're home.

MasterBates

Before I got picked up for my transition, I had 33 month shore duty orders, so not quite 3 years.

However, I was told to expect a 7 to 11 month IA that may or may not be added to my shore tour in there.

If you are in the Navy, you are going to serve overseas. You will be gone a lot. Don't hide from it. Embrace it.

Or stay civillian.

S.O.B.

pilot
what about the shore duty?

Depends what you do. Lets not forget about IAs. Also after the JO shore duty you have your disassociated followed by department head (five years of back to back sea duty). The post department head shore duty is typically more demanding then your first = less time at home. Remember you need to knock out a masters and JPME somewhere in there if you want to remain competitive. Enjoy. :icon_mi_1

MasterBates

Individual Augmentee.

When you go, by yourself as additional manpower to a unit in need. Often, but not always an Army or Marine unit.