• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Married Pilots, need some advice...

Hold the whipped jokes, but which aircraft allows you to see your wife the most?

• F-18

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • P-3

Votes: 25 46.3%
  • C-2

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • E-2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SH-60

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Other...

Votes: 16 29.6%

• Total voters

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Is that 140lb gain an exaggeration, or are you serious? You aren't joking when you say manatee if that's for real!

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Tired of the "ready" huh? 10, 14, 16 hours a day working huh? You sound like someone who has no actual experience in Naval Aviation yet you freely give advice to flight school students? I realize the war this country finds itself in probably interferes with your lifestyle, but pre-flighting and actually standing the ready is both necessary and vital to our countries maritime security. Before you offer all the "good things" you can say, earn some wings, go to sea, and stand the watch. Until then, stop talking about things you have no experience in.

And their wives didn't/don't fully understand the commitments either - thats the root of the problem here (I think).

What are you jumping on goldielocks for? She sounds like a spouse who does understand the commitment and was trying to pass on her perspective to an SNA who was seeking such advice.

MasterBates

Is that 140lb gain an exaggeration, or are you serious? You aren't joking when you say manatee if that's for real!

When we got married in Aug 02, she weighed 150-160. (she is 6' tall)

On Oct 3rd last year, she weighed 297 on the scale at NAVHOSP JAX. And she had fasted for 12 hours for pre-op.

llnick2001

it’s just malfeasance for malfeasance’s sake
pilot
Holy hell! At that rate maybe the heart disease will get her before she finishes bleeding you dry.

phrogdriver

pilot
Super Moderator
Was the preop for getting one of those freakin' enormous Discovery Channel-quality tumors removed?

robav8r

None
Contributor
What are you jumping on goldielocks for? She sounds like a spouse who does understand the commitment and was trying to pass on her perspective to an SNA who was seeking such advice.

I think she said: "and if I never ever hear the phrase "preflight the ready" ever again...it'll be too soon!"

Perhaps I was a bit too harsh, but has she ever "stood" the ready? I don't think so. Too many folks who haven't been there or been charged with the responsibility of actually "standing" the ready making comments here. What SNA/SNFO's need is accurate advice & information from those that have "been there, done that." That was my point.

MasterBates

Was the preop for getting one of those freakin' enormous Discovery Channel-quality tumors removed?

No, just a gall bladder. Caused by too much fatty food acording to the doc.

Retaining water my ass.. It was the 2 gallons of ice cream and pound of cheese she ate daily.. Its called cellulite btch!

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
No, just a gall bladder. Caused by too much fatty food acording to the doc.

Retaining water my ass.. It was the 2 gallons of ice cream and pound of cheese she ate daily.. Its called cellulite btch!

Although it makes me a little nauseous, I can understand a quart or two of ice cream, but 2 gallons AND a pound of cheese?!?!?!?! :eek:

MasterBates

I wish I was kidding.. She would go "but I eat less than so-and-so why am I FAT?!!?"

As she ate a whole bag of oreos and a 1/2 gallon of milk.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I wish I was kidding.. She would go "but I eat less than so-and-so why am I FAT?!!?"

As she ate a whole bag of oreos and a 1/2 gallon of milk.

While I am certainly prone to overindulging, I can't even imagine eating an entire bag of Oreos. It makes me sick just to think of it.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
While I am certainly prone to overindulging, I can't even imagine eating an entire bag of Oreos. It makes me sick just to think of it.

You'd be amazed at what the human body can get used to. That kind of thing takes practice.

helo_wifey

Fly what you want, she's not the one flying for the Navy. It's not her job, and you wouldn't tell her what to do in hers.

By the time we leave Japan I'll have seen my husband for about 1/4 to 1/2 of this tour. Is this is a big deal...put it into perspective...I've also gotten to travel to a bunch of different countries, learn new languages, and buy things with the extra $$ we make out here. I'd rather have those opportunities than not, but I'm also very different than most people.

I also travelled for my job when we lived in San Diego, and there were times when I was gone when he wasn't....just part of life, and for us it goes both ways.

And Brett's coming to Japan....did I miss this?!?! I don't check AW for 2 days and I miss so much..

phrogdriver

pilot
Super Moderator
I think she said: "and if I never ever hear the phrase "preflight the ready" ever again...it'll be too soon!"

Perhaps I was a bit too harsh, but has she ever "stood" the ready? I don't think so. Too many folks who haven't been there or been charged with the responsibility of actually "standing" the ready making comments here. What SNA/SNFO's need is accurate advice & information from those that have "been there, done that." That was my point.

Since the OP was concerned about family life and time with his spouse, I would think a spouse's perspective was very important. Sometimes their view is much different. Even though I don't deploy much, um...at all, in my current billet, my hours are much longer than my old fleet job. She'll tell you she'd rather me deploy for 7 months than be gone 12 irregularly scheduled hours a day. Perspective matters.

And I'm sure she'd say,"If I hear 'FCF standby' one more time..."

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Sooooo, that's how you spell disgruntled...D-I-V-O-R-C-E-D

No, no, no, no ... you misunderstand MasterBates & his marriage/relationship Air Warriors seminars ......

What he REALLY means to say is:

If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life
Never make a pretty woman your wife
So for my personal point of view
Get an ugly girl to marry you

A pretty woman makes her husband look small
And very often causes his downfall
As soon as he married her and then she starts
To do the things that will break his heart

But if you make an ugly woman your wife
A-you'll be happy for the rest of your life
An ug-a-ly woman cooks meals on time
And she'll always give you peace of mind

.... compliments of Jimmy Soul and 'real' '60's music ... a.k.a. music with a life message .... :D