• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Militarization of Space Imminent?

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
China Tests Satellite Killer?

If China has conducted an ASAT test, this is extremely bad. I had been hoping that the Bush Administration would push for a ban on anti-satellite testing, either in the form of a code of conduct. The Bush folks, however, have been fond of saying that wasn’t necessary, because 'there is no arms race in space.'
Well, we have one now, instigated by an incredibly short-sighted Chinese government.

Congrats China welcome to 1985!

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Actually, the Russians have had kill vehicles since the 60s. It's not a particularly hard problem to solve.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Well...its not a hard problem to solve mathematically...its a whole different thing turning the equations into a metal to metal interecept.

snake020

Contributor
China isn't a hard enemy. All we have to do is nationalize all the WalMarts and we'll bring their economy and country to its knees.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Actually, the Russians have had kill vehicles since the 60s. It's not a particularly hard problem to solve.

I thought those were all nuclear tipped and not kill vehicles (with no warhead) per se?

A History of Anti-Satellite Weapons

The thing that I am concerned about is why? We've all heard of Titan Rain, we see them testing a capability that is a direct threat to the US. It seems like they are waving a switchblade in our faces. How do we respond?

snake020

Contributor
It seems like they are waving a switchblade in our faces. How do we respond?

Either through my Walmart proposal, or freeze all their investments in the US (including foreign loans to us), sue them in federal court, win, and bankrupt them.

snake020

Contributor
Sorta Like we did to Japan?

Ya, then that forces them to attack us and makes them look like the aggressor.

Either that or funnel more efforts into getting that overpriced airborne laser system in the air and test firing at something...

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Liu Jianchao said other countries should not be alarmed. "There's no need to feel threatened about this."

Relax...
puppet3.jpg

Rasczak

Marine
I'm down for that. I just don't think it beneficial to waste money on that sorta stuff when there are plenty of other things to waste money on down here.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm down for that. I just don't think it beneficial to waste money on that sorta stuff when there are plenty of other things to waste money on down here.

It's never a waste of money when national interests are at stake. If space is militarized, it will be because there's something important to protect.

Brett