• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Militarization of Space Imminent?

Rasczak

Marine
A relative of mine is in charge of Security at one of these missle bases. He concurs with bretts post. They even dress up in flight suits...

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
Clasified schlassified. The methods and procedures used to launch ICBMS have been disclosed for years. Hell I even saw a documentary on it on the discovery channel.

P.S.
Here's a picture of the main launch control computer (War Operation Planned Response) in NORAD.

Attachments

• 1016813135734446.jpg
    1016813135734446.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 21

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Clasified schlassified. The methods and procedures used to launch ICBMS have been disclosed for years. Hell I even saw a documentary on it on the discovery channel.

P.S.
Here's a picture of the main launch control computer (War Operation Planned Response) in NORAD.

The WOPR - a formidable opponent.

Brett

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
In all seriousness, the life of a missler is no fun. The only guy I have any familiarity with that did the job developed some extremely odd social behaviors. The reason (I was told) they rock the 'bag' is as a 'reward' for the poor life style, and need for more comfortable clothing/uniform. I honestly think the lack of information on their life style is less due to 'secrecy' as much as 'uneventfulness'. FWIW the nearest AFROTC Det. is run by a Missler as the Commanding Officer.

Lawman

None
In all seriousness, the life of a missler is no fun. The only guy I have any familiarity with that did the job developed some extremely odd social behaviors. The reason (I was told) they rock the 'bag' is as a 'reward' for the poor life style, and need for more comfortable clothing/uniform. I honestly think the lack of information on their life style is less due to 'secrecy' as much as 'uneventfulness'. FWIW the nearest AFROTC Det. is run by a Missler as the Commanding Officer.

They also typically earn up to a Masters Degree while sitting in that hole. Just food for thought on the trade offs.