• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Militarization of Space Imminent?

Cobra Commander

Awesome Bill from Dawsonville
pilot
...Either that or funnel more efforts into getting that overpriced airborne laser system in the air and test firing at something...

Construction is nearly complete!

deathstar2.JPG

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
As a grunt, we were told if you control the high ground you control the fight.

As a pilot, I'm told if you control the sky you control the battle.

If you control space, ?.

Carno

Insane
Step 1. Control space.
Step 2. ???
Step 3. Profit!

EDIT: I find it kinda silly that anyone would deny the advantage of controlling space.

In my opinion sooner or later there will be a mega arms race in space.

BigRed389

None
As a grunt, we were told if you control the high ground you control the fight.

As a pilot, I'm told if you control the sky you control the battle.

If you control space, ?.

Well it seems to extend that line of reasoning, controlling space is like controlling the "sky" above the sky so to speak.

I'm also pretty sure that there are other research opportunities to deny us use of our satellites that are a little more "slick" than simply blowing them up.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Well it seems to extend that line of reasoning, controlling space is like controlling the "sky" above the sky so to speak.

I'm also pretty sure that there are other research opportunities to deny us use of our satellites that are a little more "slick" than simply blowing them up.

MIRACL comes to mind.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was thinking something more along the lines of EW, like jamming/hacking datalinks, but yeah...there you go.

More than one way to skin a cat.

There are all kinds of reasons that can not be done from space.

Brett