• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Monster Marine OCS thread: stupid questions answered here!

MasterHaynes86

I think a bulk of the attritions are guys who decide, along the way, that the USMC ain't for them. My platoon commander told us that about 33% of PLC juniors get commissioned.

This is insane... It baffles me how low this number is because my OSO has about 90% Jrs ->Srs->Lt rate... But I do know that this isn't a common thing. Being dropped in the last week has to totally suck... And being dropped for grades doesn't mean you won't get to go back, I just saw a video of a Pre OCS weekend of a guy in my Jrs platoon (cannot remember his name but he is very easily distinguished) who was told to go home in week 5 due to grades BUT he was invited back. I dunno if he did Jrs the next summer or if he is doing OCC this summer. One of the most tactful candidates I met. Truly a very selfless person.

So, in summary, Don't be a dirt bag. Put effort into the program. If you are hurt, deal with it... If you are injured, seek medical attention. JJDIDTIEBUCKLE is your friend and Good luck?

Also, advice my OSO told me that helps you get through some moments. They are like caged, hungry wolves. Both enlisted and officer alike will rip into you at OCS (enlisted more so). They will growl, bark, and even swipe at you, but they wont bite. And if you manage your bearing and square yourself away, they will find weaker prey to feed on...

I'm so tired... I really hope I made sense... peace

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
Damn dude...

First we get chewed out together by SSgt. BigMotherFucker for taking forever to run our PFT, then we get woken up by the people fucking next door the night before shipping to OCS, then we have to get yelled at by the Col. for having broken bones...

Think after all this BS we'll actually get to fly one of these years? :D

Maybe :)

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
Damn dude...

First we get chewed out together by SSgt. BigMotherFucker for taking forever to run our PFT, then we get woken up by the people fucking next door the night before shipping to OCS, then we have to get yelled at by the Col. for having broken bones...

May the Force be with us, huh? :)

Hey, wasn't 192 the summer where the dude went down with some insane temp? They were huge on us hydrating in 193, even in the mild fall.

Lawman

None
May the Force be with us, huh? :)

Hey, wasn't 192 the summer where the dude went down with some insane temp? They were huge on us hydrating in 193, even in the mild fall.

Yeah Second Increment had 3 record setters in a row one guy was up over 110 and technically dead according to some of the staff.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
yep. That was one of the couple days I was stuck in medical. They kept running out on us to take care of the heat cases. There were at least 5 the day that the bad one happened.

MasterHaynes86

Yeah Second Increment had 3 record setters in a row one guy was up over 110 and technically dead according to some of the staff.

holy crap... the fact that the kid was able to get to 110 without going down is astonishing... its a real show of his intestinal fortitude but lack of situational awareness. How did these candidates do? Were they dropped? Did they recover quickly?

HueyCobra8151

pilot
If that is who I am thinking of (Golf Co. 2nd Increment Summer 2006) he is a MECEP SSgt (Might be a GySgt now) who is going back this summer.

Dunno if he was technically dead - but he was pretty jacked.
--
Same Company had over 1/4 of it's candidates become casualties on the 9-mile hump/SULE II evolution.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Damn dude...

The BS just keeps coming for a while...eventually you don't even notice it much...

narfmasta

holy crap... the fact that the kid was able to get to 110 without going down is astonishing... its a real show of his intestinal fortitude but lack of situational awareness. How did these candidates do? Were they dropped? Did they recover quickly?

a couple guys during pre-ocs had temps of 105. gunny's ripped them apart for not hydrating like they told us to. it was only like 70 degrees out too.....

I'm just glad I'm used to being out in the Texas heat. I've been dehydrated once and I'll be damned if I let it happen again, I hate IV's

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
a couple guys during pre-ocs had temps of 105. gunny's ripped them apart for not hydrating like they told us to. it was only like 70 degrees out too.....

I'm just glad I'm used to being out in the Texas heat. I've been dehydrated once and I'll be damned if I let it happen again, I hate IV's

hate IVs? then just stand by for the silver bullet!

Lawman

None
If that is who I am thinking of (Golf Co. 2nd Increment Summer 2006) he is a MECEP SSgt (Might be a GySgt now) who is going back this summer.

Dunno if he was technically dead - but he was pretty jacked.
--
Same Company had over 1/4 of it's candidates become casualties on the 9-mile hump/SULE II evolution.

Same guy.

For those wondering you can and will be sent home for being a double heat case. Go down once you just have the shame of walking around with the yellow "I got the silver bullet" circle, do it twice and you are sent home.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Same guy.

For those wondering you can and will be sent home for being a double heat case. Go down once you just have the shame of walking around with the yellow "I got the silver bullet" circle, do it twice and you are sent home.

Aren't SNAs and SNFOs NPQ if they pass out, EVER? Would this "silver bullet" be like the "rectal rocket"?