• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 08JUL2024 SNA/SNFO BOARD

What does being at board even mean? My work has already been contacted for background check. Anyone else get background check feedback?
When do they tell you that you’ve been selected? A week after boards, a month?

stautz

Stautz
What does being at board even mean? My work has already been contacted for background check. Anyone else get background check feedback?
From my understanding, when you are "at board," it means your packet/application was successfully submitted and is going to be reviewed by the board.
Your background check can differ. Depending on what investigators find, they can call you in for an interview or not contact you at all. It really just depends on who they contact and what info is found. They won't give feedback per se, but they will ask you specific questions if there are discrepancies.

The board results can come back as fast as two weeks to several more weeks after it convenes; it depends. Your recruiter will call you with the results once they are posted.

To answer most of your questions in short: idk, most of those questions don't have set-in-stone answers.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

At board is just that, your application is in the queue waiting to be seen by the selection board. Were you able to get an age waiver? Going off past precedence unless you're prior enlisted it's very difficult.

Lastly, most if not all your questions can be fielded by your recruiter.

At board is just that, your application is in the queue waiting to be seen by the selection board. Were you able to get an age waiver? Going off past precedence unless you're prior enlisted it's very difficult.

Lastly, most if not all your questions can be fielded by your recruiter.
Well I submitted for the age waiver, whether it’s been accepted, I’m uncertain. I haven’t heard if it’s been rejected.
I could submit the age waiver once my packet was completed. I submitted the package beginning of June.

Maldruin

Since the calendar on Navy hr did not change I would guess the board is still convening on the 8th unless a separate milper got pushed out, either way the board is taking place in July just gotta be patient and control the things you can and leave be the things you can’t.
Good perspective. Either way, I keep refreshing this thread at least once a day out of a mixture of anticipation and madness lol

Waltrios

Hey y'all, I am new here. I started the process pretty late, but I have an awesome recruiter! MEPS said I had unsat depth perception (which is not true) so I went to a civilian optometrist to refute that. Got that paper in the Thursday after the due date so it was up in the air as to whether my package would make it to board, but I got confirmation that they have it! I put my info on the spreadsheet! Happy to be here with y'all.

My top 4 designators are: SNA, SWO/EDO, SNFO, AMDO.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

Hey y'all, I am new here. I started the process pretty late, but I have an awesome recruiter! MEPS said I had unsat depth percetion (which is not true) so I went to a civilian optometrist to refute that. Got that paper in the Thursday after the due date so it was up in the air as to whether my package would make it to board, but I got confirmation that they have it! I put my info on the spreadsheet! Happy to be here with y'all.

My top 4 designators are: SNA, SWO/EDO, SNFO, AMDO.
If you meet the requirements for immediate selection you should hear back soon(ish) on SNA.

SWO-EDO does have specific degree requirements, often they really only pick those that list them 1st, same with AMDO.

Waltrios

If you meet the requirements for immediate selection you should hear back soon(ish) on SNA.

SWO-EDO does have specific degree requirements, often they really only pick those that list them 1st, same with AMDO.

I do not meet those requirements unfortunately, I finished with a 2.85 GPA and scored 7/8/6 on the ASTB. I have a Mechanical Engineering degree which meets the EDO requirement. I did not realize that they only picked those that put it as their first choice...

exNavyOffRec

I do not meet those requirements unfortunately, I finished with a 2.85 GPA and scored 7/8/6 on the ASTB. I have a Mechanical Engineering degree which meets the EDO requirement. I did not realize that they only picked those that put it as their first choice...
SWO-EDO and AMDO look heavily on degree and GPA, odds are you best shot is going to be SNA.