• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 08JUL2024 SNA/SNFO BOARD

Average Monke

A primate with internet access
Hello again. I have a question that has been eating at me a bit. I was under the impression that our packets needed LORs. I asked my recruiter about them on May 1st but she did not refer to them and on May 15th she said my packet was submitted. I'm wondering if they are absolutely needed and why she could have forgotten to mention them even before submission. I'm applying for NFO so maybe they're not needed? She asked to list them on the SF86 and they're also listed on my CV. I asked my previous supervisor to write me on anyway in case she suddenly comes asking for it.

Thank you
LORs are not required for SNA/SNFO applicants nor are they important for selection.

Just got word from my recruiter that my kit will be due to the board July 12th for an August 12th board date. Is there a separate post or forum for that board? I did not seen an August 12th board on the schedule, but I saw that the board dates were getting pushed around so I guess the schedule is out of date.

That’s a crazy fast board turnaround.
Well wasn't the due date for the July 8th board supposed to be June 10th? Seems about the same. Just wanted to check to see if anyone knows more about this board date because I haven't seen anything about it anywhere.

Mil3s

SNA Select
Well wasn't the due date for the July 8th board supposed to be June 10th? Seems about the same. Just wanted to check to see if anyone knows more about this board date because I haven't seen anything about it anywhere.
Yes but if what your saying is true about the next board packets being due on July 12, the results from the current board won’t even be out by then and give anyone a chance to reapply in time which doesn’t seem right imo.

exNavyOffRec

Yes that is what I thought as well, so I am a bit confused and wanted to know if anyone has the FY25 board schedule or knows more information
The new board schedule will probably be sent out in the near future, until then recruiters will go by what is estimated to be the next board, or the new schedule has been sent to the NRD's but NRC hasn't put it on their website yet.

exNavyOffRec

Yes but if what your saying is true about the next board packets being due on July 12, the results from the current board won’t even be out by then and give anyone a chance to reapply in time which doesn’t seem right imo.
There is officially a 6 month wait in between boards unless there has been a significant change such as ASTB or GPA.

Lukehot

Aspiring NFO
Thinking positively that they need that many people that a supplemental board will be run and we've all already been selected.

kingwilliams

I also spoke with a recruiter today that mentioned the new board.
The new board schedule will probably be sent out in the near future, until then recruiters will go by what is estimated to be the next board, or the new schedule has been sent to the NRD's but NRC hasn't put it on their website yet.
I was told there was a second board for September today with a deadline in August . This is information the recruiter said he received . From where idk .

Last edited:

jdk24

I also spoke with a recruiter today that mentioned the new board.

I was told there was a second board for September today with a deadline in August . This is information the recruiter said he received . From where idk .
My recruiter also told me yesterday about the september board (sept 3 I believe) with August 2 deadline. No mention of August board with July deadline tho