• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 08JUL2024 SNA/SNFO BOARD

bendaggs

I appreciate the insight here as always, thank you. Time to hurry up and wait/refresh this thread 5 times a day for the next month lol

I’ve been doing a lot of HIIT and running, alternating both every other day. Hope it’s enough to prep for the PFT and other drills we’ll be doing
lol glad I’m not the only one sitting here hitting refresh

mikeyw

SNA Select
Any of the active duty people have experience working with the ECM (Enlisted Community Manager) to be released to OCS for Pilot/NFO prior to your EAOS?

Would you need to work with the ECM before or after your package is submitted/accepted?

bluetoblue

Just got word from my recruiter that the board will convene on the 15th with results set to be posted by the 29th. So we still got a bit to wait. That being said, does anyone know what’s been the trend with selection rates or slots?

My scores were 8/8/8 with 61 OAR. I was originally put up for immediate select but needed an age waiver so I had to go up for this board. My age waiver was already approved but still felt like a bit of a rug pull being told I for sure had a slot to now waiting for board results. Trying my best not to be too nervous for it haha.

jdk24

Just got word from my recruiter that the board will convene on the 15th with results set to be posted by the 29th. So we still got a bit to wait. That being said, does anyone know what’s been the trend with selection rates or slots?

My scores were 8/8/8 with 61 OAR. I was originally put up for immediate select but needed an age waiver so I had to go up for this board. My age waiver was already approved but still felt like a bit of a rug pull being told I for sure had a slot to now waiting for board results. Trying my best not to be too nervous for it haha.
Are you prior enlisted? Curious because I'll be applying to the next board, similar ASTB scores and also need an age waiver but am not prior enlisted. So just wondering about the likelihood of being granted that waiver. My recruiter submitted for the age waiver last week and I was told it'll be borderline if I'll hear on that by the Aug 2 deadline for the next board

bluetoblue

Are you prior enlisted? Curious because I'll be applying to the next board, similar ASTB scores and also need an age waiver but am not prior enlisted. So just wondering about the likelihood of being granted that waiver. My recruiter submitted for the age waiver last week and I was told it'll be borderline if I'll hear on that by the Aug 2 deadline for the next board
I’m prior enlisted in the Air Force. So my time in didn’t help me with the age at all. But hopefully they appreciate my previous experience so far! I’ll make sure to add my info to the board spreadsheet for more data. Lots of applicants though so hopefully there’s a good amount selected. Definitely much higher chances with the Navy than the Air Force though so I’ll take it! Seems as though they approve waivers based on how competitive you would be so if you have high scores like that then it should be fine!

jdk24

I’m prior enlisted in the Air Force. So my time in didn’t help me with the age at all. But hopefully they appreciate my previous experience so far! I’ll make sure to add my info to the board spreadsheet for more data. Lots of applicants though so hopefully there’s a good amount selected. Definitely much higher chances with the Navy than the Air Force though so I’ll take it! Seems as though they approve waivers based on how competitive you would be so if you have high scores like that then it should be fine!
Awesome! How long did they take to respond for your waiver request?

Mil3s

SNA Select
That being said, does anyone know what’s been the trend with selection rates or slots?
you can look at the excel sheet and it has a tab for previous boards and their selection rates. From other posts on here it has been said that the amount of slots for each board tends to be constant.

bluetoblue

you can look at the excel sheet and it has a tab for previous boards and their selection rates. From other posts on here it has been said that the amount of slots for each board tends to be constant.
Sweet! Ya I just managed to find that spreadsheet finally. Not on here very much so took a little searching but definitely super useful!

exNavyOffRec

So you are aware in most cases when dealing with no medical waivers they are almost always rubber stamped approved, the board can either accept or reject the waiver. In most cases those with waivers are accepted in limited numbers, so unless you get a DNR apply again if not accepted the first time.

bluetoblue

So you are aware in most cases when dealing with no medical waivers they are almost always rubber stamped approved, the board can either accept or reject the waiver. In most cases those with waivers are accepted in limited numbers, so unless you get a DNR apply again if not accepted the first time.
Gotcha. Thats good to know. I'm only 31 right now so hopefully my age isn't too big of an issue. I do like that the Navy has way more boards than the Air Force as well so I would definitely apply again if need be.

bluetoblue

While I'm here, is there a special way to update the spreadsheet? Or do I have to manually format everything? Was just editing it in google docs. Should I do excel? I notice drop down lists and colored numbers that don't show when I input my own info. Just don't want to mess anything up. Thanks!

dominicdecoco

While I'm here, is there a special way to update the spreadsheet? Or do I have to manually format everything? Was just editing it in google docs. Should I do excel? I notice drop down lists and colored numbers that don't show when I input my own info. Just don't want to mess anything up. Thanks!
If you are making a new sheet for the next board - you can copy and paste the sheet and rename the tab once you do so. Then the formatting will remain the same.

flyORdie

Just talked to my recruiter and she said there is a board convening in September with the application due August 3rd. MyNavyHR doesn't have the board schedule updated yet.

bluetoblue

If you are making a new sheet for the next board - you can copy and paste the sheet and rename the tab once you do so. Then the formatting will remain the same.
Oh I just meant to fill in my details for this board. Like putting in my test scores and stuff. I saw the job selections and like score averages only went down to line 72 and all my info would be on line 73. I mean I can edit the formulas to include my scores just didn’t wanna mess things up.