• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 08JUL2024 SNA/SNFO BOARD

MrCorsair

I still don’t have my dates yet. I got pro rec YES for SNA yesterday, but I haven’t heard anything from my recruiter about my OCS dates. Should I ask my recruiter about the dates? I don’t want to keep bothering my recruiter but also I am anxious to know when my ship out date is.

Last edited:

bluetoblue

I still don’t have my dates yet. I got pro rec YES for SNA yesterday, but I haven’t heard anything from my recruiter about my OCS dates. Should I ask my recruiter about the dates? I don’t want to keep bothering my recruiter but also I am anxious to know when my ship out date is.
Doesn’t hurt. I reached out to mine today and they originally said 15 Sep but then tried to move it to 11 Aug. So seems like they’re still moving people around. Doesn’t hurt to get ahead of dates too if you need to leave after a certain time or are flexible.

LHannibal

I say reach out to them. The whole point of a recruiter is to get us into the navy… it’s not like you’re texting or calling every 5 minutes

bendaggs

Doesn’t hurt. I reached out to mine today and they originally said 15 Sep but then tried to move it to 11 Aug. So seems like they’re still moving people around. Doesn’t hurt to get ahead of dates too if you need to leave after a certain time or are flexible.
Did you hear back if you got moved?

Gadies and Lentlemen, I have a question. So got accepted for SNA. I need some info on the medical exam that the flight docs in Pensacola administer. I was “diagnosed” with ADHD. I have been off of the meds for over a year and have documentation to back that up. Am I going to get railroaded at the flight physical and potentially have to work a job for 8 years that I didn’t sign up for?! Scared to ask my recruiter, so I wanted to give this thread a try first

LHannibal

Gadies and Lentlemen, I have a question. So got accepted for SNA. I need some info on the medical exam that the flight docs in Pensacola administer. I was “diagnosed” with ADHD. I have been off of the meds for over a year and have documentation to back that up. Am I going to get railroaded at the flight physical and potentially have to work a job for 8 years that I didn’t sign up for?! Scared to ask my recruiter, so I wanted to give this thread a try first
If you do end up not being able to be a SNA/SNFO they will give you a list of jobs you are qualified for and if you don’t like those I believe you have the chance to separate without any penalties.

Danger95

idk bout the Navy but I know bout 2 organizations that frown upon ADHD and their medical standards is way more forgiving what I have seen from the Navy. The first being the FAA, you cannot obtain a class 1 medical certificate if you have been diagnosed or taken ADHD meds in the last 4-5 years, the 2nd being the Army and that is a straight up no go like they wouldn’t even let you get past the flight physical.

MrCorsair

If you do end up not being able to be a SNA/SNFO they will give you a list of jobs you are qualified for and if you don’t like those I believe you have the chance to separate without any penalties.
If you fail to meet vision standards for SNA at NAMI, could you get lasik or PRK and re-apply for SNA after 6 month post op? Just curious because I’ve been worrying about my vision and NAMI lol.