• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 08JUL2024 SNA/SNFO BOARD

Your recruiter should send you an acceptance letter that you initial and sign and that seems like the most official thing up until taking the oath and getting orders for OCS.
Granule question. Is that a “I accept the contract” or is that signing to say “I acknowledge the award”.

bluetoblue

Granule question. Is that a “I accept the contract” or is that signing to say “I acknowledge the award”.
You accept the award of the OCS date and the job they gave you. Nothing is set in stone until you sign the dotted line and take the oath. Even when you get to OCS I hear you can just back out. At least in the first few weeks. Now if you do that don’t expect to ever work with the navy again lol. But you won’t be forced to finish any enlistments or anything.

Sorry for the late post! I was on vacation when I got the call. Pro Rec Y for SNA with an OCS date for 8/25! My scores were mid - 5/7/6 OAR 51 GPA 2.68 but they picked me up. Talked to the dude at the NTAG and he said they steadily pick up if you have 6's across the board because there is so much attrition throughout the process between the ocean swim, egress training, SERE school, the flight physical, and then flight school it kind of evens out for selecting so many people. First parts over, now we have to get through the pipeline. FLY NAVY BOYS

exNavyOffRec

Sorry for the late post! I was on vacation when I got the call. Pro Rec Y for SNA with an OCS date for 8/25! My scores were mid - 5/7/6 OAR 51 GPA 2.68 but they picked me up. Talked to the dude at the NTAG and he said they steadily pick up if you have 6's across the board because there is so much attrition throughout the process between the ocean swim, egress training, SERE school, the flight physical, and then flight school it kind of evens out for selecting so many people. First parts over, now we have to get through the pipeline. FLY NAVY BOYS
This is something that happens for any job in the USN, they look at what they need to start with to get the end result they want, years ago I was in a brief from NRC that explained the process, it wasn't for aviation but the theory is the same.

They are probably examining what the common factor is in losses, the one I can think of that caused a change last time was those failing DP at MEPS, then getting a pass from a civilian eye doc, then failing DP down the road. This resulted in the no civilian DP rule for several years.

CFLE9

Has anyone that has been selected for BDCP been swore in or had to sign anything committing? I haven’t but I’m told I’m fully in

exNavyOffRec

Has anyone that has been selected for BDCP been swore in or had to sign anything committing? I haven’t but I’m told I’m fully in
You will sign papers, get info so you can be paid via direct deposit, get an ID card, etc.... once you sign that info and start getting paid you are obligated.
I think someone else mentioned it in the thread, but until you leave for OCS, you aren’t completely in. And even then, you can back out essentially until you commission but I would highly recommend not doing that since the Navy will never talk to you again
That doesn't apply for BDCP, if you drop from BDCP after starting to get paid you will more than likely get sent to boot camp.