• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 08JUL2024 SNA/SNFO BOARD

mikeyw

SNA Select
You will sign papers, get info so you can be paid via direct deposit, get an ID card, etc.... once you sign that info and start getting paid you are obligated.

That doesn't apply for BDCP, if you drop from BDCP after starting to get paid you will more than likely get sent to boot camp.
Ahhhh I gotcha, thank you for the correction

Last edited:

NKMess

Sorry, I think I miswrote my question. What I'm really wondering if we should expect any more boards in FY25 that are to occur after the April 2025 board. I'll likely be deployed then, and would like to stay with the unit for the whole time if possible. I see you're AD enlisted too, any experience with communicating to Mr. Celestin or the board to receive orders for an OCS class at a later date?

I'm considering applying before the end of this year at the mercy of my CO (before we're scheduled to go out), or in the March or April boards towards the middle/tail end of our deployment.

SailorJerry826

Enlisted Submariner turned SNFO Selectee
Sorry, I think I miswrote my question. What I'm really wondering if we should expect any more boards in FY25 that are to occur after the April 2025 board. I'll likely be deployed then, and would like to stay with the unit for the whole time if possible. I see you're AD enlisted too, any experience with communicating to Mr. Celestin or the board to receive orders for an OCS class at a later date?

I'm considering applying before the end of this year at the mercy of my CO (before we're scheduled to go out), or in the March or April boards towards the middle/tail end of our deployment.
In terms of selecting your date, the board will assign you a date and then email your CoC to get their concurrence on the transfer date. The CoC has the ability to negotiate a later date, but this is not guaranteed due to class size restrictions and FY funding.

NKMess

In terms of selecting your date, the board will assign you a date and then email your CoC to get their concurrence on the transfer date. The CoC has the ability to negotiate a later date, but this is not guaranteed due to class size restrictions and FY funding.
As long as they get a chance I'll be fine with that.

By chance would you happen to know of any guidance for what defines the academic year for OCS? My conditional release was approved the other day for AY 25 (my last was simply for FY24), I just want to get SA on the time that's available.

exNavyOffRec

Boards are always happening don't worry so much about when you submit as making sure you can get your application together and submitted.

Have you taken the ASTB?
Are you eligible for ISPP?
Will you need any medical or non-medical waivers?

These are all things you should be taking into account.

NKMess

Boards are always happening don't worry so much about when you submit as making sure you can get your application together and submitted.

Have you taken the ASTB?
Are you eligible for ISPP?
Will you need any medical or non-medical waivers?

These are all things you should be taking into account.
Thank you for the feedback. I take the ASTB next month on the 18th, and am eligible for ISPP. I did require a medical waiver, but it was cleared by NAMI in March. After the ASTB, I'll do my appraisals and my package will be complete. The main reason I'm worried about time is the risk that comes with it, such as changes in the PA that will lower the age limit, or the risk of disqualifying injuries (I'm a greenside HM).

exNavyOffRec

As long as they get a chance I'll be fine with that.

By chance would you happen to know of any guidance for what defines the academic year for OCS? My conditional release was approved the other day for AY 25 (my last was simply for FY24), I just want to get SA on the time that's available.
If they are saying AY 25 to mean you need to be in a class that grads in AY 25 then you would need to be in OCS about July 1st, it depends on what the class schedule is. This would mean you really should submit prior to Dec 31st.

If they had said FY 25 that would have indicated you could leave for OCS before Oct 1st and apply by April, unless they said your conditional release was for a FY 25 class, then refer to my above statement.

The above submission times I mention are in case it turns out you can't go ISPP.

If you submit and they find no reason that you can't go ISPP then you would be processed for the soonest OCS class dependent on your COC releasing you.

NKMess

If they are saying AY 25 to mean you need to be in a class that grads in AY 25 then you would need to be in OCS about July 1st, it depends on what the class schedule is. This would mean you really should submit prior to Dec 31st.

If they had said FY 25 that would have indicated you could leave for OCS before Oct 1st and apply by April, unless they said your conditional release was for a FY 25 class, then refer to my above statement.

The above submission times I mention are in case it turns out you can't go ISPP.

If you submit and they find no reason that you can't go ISPP then you would be processed for the soonest OCS class dependent on your COC releasing you.
Sounds good, well I'll work to get in where I can fit in.

In the worst case scenario, I worry about getting a PROREC for an AY26 class during the FY25 boards. Any idea if I could submit another conditional release in that case?

exNavyOffRec

Sounds good, well I'll work to get in where I can fit in.

In the worst case scenario, I worry about getting a PROREC for an AY26 class during the FY25 boards. Any idea if I could submit another conditional release in that case?
Have your ducks in a row for your conditional release prior to submitting to avoid NRC from rejecting your application.