• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 08JUL2024 SNA/SNFO BOARD

Average Monke

A primate with internet access
I submitted my package May 2nd and it arrived at Navy Recruiting Command 3 weeks later. Hopefully this isn't the case for you guys since from everything I read, I-Sel is usually a much faster process. I'll give an update once I receive one from my recruiter though.
That honestly sums up my entire application experience so far. Everything take 3x longer than you think it should. I’ve been at this for over 2 years now and have worked with 5 different recruiters…

lucasleny

That honestly sums up my entire application experience so far. Everything take 3x longer that think it would. I’ve been at this for over 2 years now and have worked with 5 different recruiters…
My experience hasn't been that bad, that sounds nuts... but same here, I could ramble on all day about how excessively long and frustrating this process has been 😆 I'm on my third recruiter now and even though my package has been submitted it still doesn't feel like I'm out of the woods yet with how unreliable the information I've been given has been throughout this process. Fingers crossed we're nearing the end!

kingwilliams

How do you guys know your package has been submitted and if it is at Navy Recruiting Command ? I literally have to be hounding my recruiter to get info on what is going on. All I get is that I'm still waiting on medical.
I submitted my package May 2nd and it arrived at Navy Recruiting Command 3 weeks later. Hopefully this isn't the case for you guys since from everything I read, I-Sel is usually a much faster process. I'll give an update once I receive one from my recruiter though.

jdon4

Aw heck man. I sure hope it doesn’t take that long. My package just got completed and sent for processing last week and I was hoping to hear back within the next 3 weeks.

jdon4

How do you guys know your package has been submitted and if it is at Navy Recruiting Command ? I literally have to be hounding my recruiter to get info on what is going on. All I get is that I'm still waiting on medical.
If you’ve gone to MEPS and are just waiting on N33 then your package hasn’t been sent yet. As far as I am aware, your recruiter should tell you when they send it to NRC for processing and selection.

lucasleny

I just asked and got on a call with my recruiter, was looking for any sort of update on the status of my package and that's what he told me. I don't know if Navy Recruiting Command is the final stop in the pipeline when it comes to getting a ship date though.

Mil3s

SNA Select
My impression is 1-2 weeks, but it may be worthwhile to skim previous board threads for specifics.

I’ll hopefully be applying for I-SEL shortly so I can share it goes when that happens.
Yeah last board the people in our thread that did i-sel typically heard back after 2 weeks on average. We did have one person who submitted through I-sel during the time our board had convened and I think they didn’t hear until after our results came out so it was longer then 2-3 weeks for them.

Average Monke

Yeah last board the people in our thread that did i-sel typically heard back after 2 weeks on average. We did have one person who submitted through I-sel during the time our board had convened and I think they didn’t hear until after our results came out so it was longer then 2-3 weeks for them.
Have you heard of any packets being denied or sent back?

Average Monke

Yes, we had someone who was about to graduate college and applied though I-sel and was denied due to them not being able to ship out in time.
Strange, I’m curious why their recruiter didn’t wait until they graduated. Do you know if they were able to reapply for I-SEL?

Mil3s

SNA Select
Strange, I’m curious why their recruiter didn’t wait until they graduated. Do you know if they were able to reapply for I-SEL?
If I recall right he was about to graduate within the next month or two so they probably thought he would be given a ocs date after that time and not before, at this time the I-sel was still relatively new for everyone and how fast you would be shipped out wasn’t really known.

kingwilliams

If you’ve gone to MEPS and are just waiting on N33 then your package hasn’t been sent yet. As far as I am aware, your recruiter should tell you when they send it to NRC for processing and selection.
I have not even gone to MEPS. I finished the medical screening sheet about a month ago now. How long did it take you guys to hear back from MEPS ? Also what is NRC ?

lucasleny

I have not even gone to MEPS. I finished the medical screening sheet about a month ago now. How long did it take you guys to hear back from MEPS ? Also what is NRC ?
NRC is Navy Recruiting Command. As for MEPS I remember it being rather quick, definitely less than a month but maybe there was stuff going on behind the scenes that I wasn't made aware of.

Average Monke

4-8 weeks is not unheard of, but it’s definitely on the longer side. It’s takes another few weeks after MEPS for the paperwork to get processed.

Welcome to the world of hurry up and wait. And if you wait long enough, you just might have to wait to hurry up ;)

kingwilliams

Lol gotta love the Navy. My recruiter mentioned something about sending off a package while waiting on meps and that it would be approved pending approval from meps. Is any one else going through something similar or have heard of this ?
4-8 weeks is not unheard of, but it’s definitely on the longer side. It’s takes another few weeks after MEPS for the paperwork to get processed.

Welcome to the world of hurry up and wait. And if you wait long enough, you just might have to wait to hurry up ;)