• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 08JUL2024 SNA/SNFO BOARD

jdon4

Lol gotta love the Navy. My recruiter mentioned something about sending off a package while waiting on meps and that it would be approved pending approval from meps. Is any one else going through something similar or have heard of this ?
He might be trying to force your package to complete before the board. However, there is a high likelihood that you might miss the board and have to wait longer due to them not rushing your paperwork.

exNavyOffRec

Lol gotta love the Navy. My recruiter mentioned something about sending off a package while waiting on meps and that it would be approved pending approval from meps. Is any one else going through something similar or have heard of this ?
This makes no sense what he is saying, why would they bother to give a spot to someone they don't even know is qualified, and they can't assign an OCS date until they know a person is medically qualified as well.
I was told the same thing. My understanding is that as long as you pass the OAR portion and get a 7,7,7 you are qualified for auto selection.
You also need a min GPA of 3.0 and have no waivers.

bendaggs

Hi guys, I’m waiting on my transcript from my college to submit my package. It’ll be ready on the 1st. Does this leave me enough time to submit?

afer1

yup that happened to me. I was supposed to apply to the april board but was waiting on a certain document from MEPS so he had a "place holder" doc for that until he got what he needed. I was in the dark on receiving any info from them which sucked but later came to find out that my package was never at board bc of the doc not being in on time. Now im applying for the july board lol

dominicdecoco

My package was officially submitted yesterday, I believe my recruiter submitted for I-SEL, but I will not be able to report to OCS until Jan 2025. Does this put me in the conventional board pool? I am pumped to have everything submitted and done!

Average Monke

A primate with internet access
My package was officially submitted yesterday, I believe my recruiter submitted for I-SEL, but I will not be able to report to OCS until Jan 2025. Does this put me in the conventional board pool? I am pumped to have everything submitted and done!
My guess is that your packet will be pushed to the board. I think part of I-SEL is being able to ship without delay, so unless the next available OCS class is in 2025, that will DQ you.

jdon4

Congrats! Did you get a notification that it was through processing or is that part of just submitting overall?

exNavyOffRec

My guess is that your packet will be pushed to the board. I think part of I-SEL is being able to ship without delay, so unless the next available OCS class is in 2025, that will DQ you.
A better phrase is "moved to the normal board process", DQ is generally not a good term.

You are correct in your thinking though.

bendaggs

My kit was pushed out today! Hoping this is my first and only board I have to apply to. I also hope to meet some of you at OCS. I put my availability as October 1st.