• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 08JUL2024 SNA/SNFO BOARD

lucasleny

Just thought I’d give an update, was told I got selected for OCS today! I start August 11, don’t know if anybody else is going at that time right now.

Regarding what happened, my recruiter told me that two weeks ago my status did in fact say I was scheduled for the board, but apparently that changed last Friday and the updated status said I was selected, so who knows what goes on behind the scenes.

CarterL

Just thought I’d give an update, was told I got selected for OCS today! I start August 11, don’t know if anybody else is going at that time right now.

Regarding what happened, my recruiter told me that two weeks ago my status did in fact say I was scheduled for the board, but apparently that changed last Friday and the updated status said I was selected, so who knows what goes on behind the scenes.
Congrats! That’s awesome. Any chance you got out through the I-SEL process? Were your scores within the requirements?

DesJensen

This will be my first board I'll be applying to, since I was delayed last one due to some miscommunication between me and my recruiter.
ASTB second time: 48 7/8/8
* First attempt: 48 6/7/7
GPA: 2.9
Degree: BS Professional Pilot

Hope this is board is successful for a lot of people here!

Average Monke

A primate with internet access
This will be my first board I'll be applying to, since I was delayed last one due to some miscommunication between me and my recruiter.
ASTB second time: 48 7/8/8
* First attempt: 48 6/7/7
GPA: 2.9
Degree: BS Professional Pilot

Hope this is board is successful for a lot of people here!
Welcome to the jungle!

jamespeters3143

Hey guys, also applying for this board! Applications are due the 10th, and my recruiter says my package will be turned in tomorrow to NRC HQ. Does it matter that I am submitting close to the deadline? Also, I qualify for I-SEL and put my OCS date as Sep. 30. Not sure if this impacts my I-SEL status. Just trying to gauge what I see on these forums and what my recruiter is telling me. Thanks.

fearedengineer

Hey guys, also applying for this board! Applications are due the 10th, and my recruiter says my package will be turned in tomorrow to NRC HQ. Does it matter that I am submitting close to the deadline? Also, I qualify for I-SEL and put my OCS date as Sep. 30. Not sure if this impacts my I-SEL status. Just trying to gauge what I see on these forums and what my recruiter is telling me. Thanks.
If you want to go sep 30 you can’t ISEL now. You will have to wait til late August/early September to ISEL. Even then oct 6 will be the earliest ocs date for you. Applying to this board will give you a decent shot of hitting that date. But then again you could be going later, it depends on the board. You can look at the spreadhseet and gauge previous boards and see how long they had to wait to get shipped to ocs. Either way is fine with your scores.

CarterL

Looks like I will no longer be making it to the board. My recruiter just called to let me know that N33 has disqualified me from applying to a pilot position due to eyesight. I am so bummed. My worst eye was 20/40 uncorrected. Looks like I will be getting LASIK and trying again in 6 months. Good luck to the rest of you!

I also can’t validate the info but my recruiter told me the board date was pushed to June 17th instead of June 10th.

jamespeters3143

If you want to go sep 30 you can’t ISEL now. You will have to wait til late August/early September to ISEL. Even then oct 6 will be the earliest ocs date for you. Applying to this board will give you a decent shot of hitting that date. But then again you could be going later, it depends on the board. You can look at the spreadhseet and gauge previous boards and see how long they had to wait to get shipped to ocs. Either way is fine with your scores.
Ok, so it looks like applying for this board is good either way. Thank you for the input!

DesJensen

Looks like I will no longer be making it to the board. My recruiter just called to let me know that N33 has disqualified me from applying to a pilot position due to eyesight. I am so bummed. My worst eye was 20/40 uncorrected. Looks like I will be getting LASIK and trying again in 6 months. Good luck to the rest of you!

I also can’t validate the info but my recruiter told me the board date was pushed to June 17th instead of June 10th.
Oh man that sucks, sorry about that. At least you don‘t have a quitters mentality and will try again after LASIK. Best of luck to you.

I heard the same thing from my recruiter about the change in board date to June 17th.

fearedengineer

Isn’t 20/40 the minimum for uncorrected? Also if the board date is pushed does that mean they will convene late as well?

CarterL

Isn’t 20/40 the minimum for uncorrected? Also if the board date is pushed does that mean they will convene late as well?
That’s what I thought the minimum was as well. I’m trying to fight it to see if I can be seen by MEPs again. These were my results anything jump out as being disqualifying? 8E163359-3FF2-46B7-8216-5AAEE2245BD5.jpeg

fearedengineer

That’s what I thought the minimum was as well. I’m trying to fight it to see if I can be seen by MEPs again. These were my results anything jump out as being disqualifying? View attachment 40709
I have 20/40 on my right. I didn’t need a waiver and am qualified for aviation. It even says it on the vision requirements. No worse than 20/40. Did they say it was just your vision acuity? Is your 20/40 eye correctable to 20/20 that might have been why. I recommend you see an eye doctor and get re examined. Yeah these MEPS workers man….