• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS OCS 12AUG 2024 IWC Board

I am currently waiting to hear back about the RE-Code waiver I submitted. Hopefully, my package will make it to this board. I applied to MCWO only. OAR: 65, MSCS: 4.0 GPA. I did get a call from the security investigator and scheduled a meeting with him. Hoping that is a good sign.
If you look at the last board thread I believe MCWO was the designator that only picked 1 person last board.
The board schedule does say that this is the first of three IWC boards to pick for FY 25 quotas. I'm hoping that the low selection rate for MCWO at the last few boards was only because they had already hit their FY24 quota with all the lateral transfers.

jakobi3000

I am currently waiting to hear back about the RE-Code waiver I submitted. Hopefully, my package will make it to this board. I applied to MCWO only. OAR: 65, MSCS: 4.0 GPA. I did get a call from the security investigator and scheduled a meeting with him. Hoping that is a good sign.

The board schedule does say that this is the first of three IWC boards to pick for FY 25 quotas. I'm hoping that the low selection rate for MCWO at the last few boards was only because they had already hit their FY24 quota with all the lateral transfers.
Nice I think the last day to submit is 15JUL for the Aug board hope you make it those are great numbers. From my research they want 294 MCWO officers and I believe they only have 115 or 116 so far. Also they probably need to replenish the numbers that laterally transferred as well.

Nice I think the last day to submit is 15JUL for the Aug board hope you make it those are great numbers. From my research they want 294 MCWO officers and I believe they only have 115 or 116 so far. Also they probably need to replenish the numbers that laterally transferred as well.
Thanks! Here's to hoping we both get good news come September! That info fits with what I have heard as well.

tsdregas

Oh yeah I’m active duty Navy so been working with Paul Celestin! I know results come 2-10 weeks after they convene so kind of used that math to think it would be in September as well.
Being active duty probably helps, I’m just a recent college grad with just maybe a year total of relevant work experience so that’s what I’m most concerned about with my application.

exNavyOffRec

This is how the boards work, they started picking for FY 25 months ago as those talking FY 25 spots started going to OCS about this week. When it comes to ODS they also pick early to make sure if someone can't commission they will have someone they can call up early and they do, I have seen people called who were asked if they wanted to commission sooner and did with a weeks notice. ODS has a little more flexibility than OCS as a person going to ODS commissions prior to leaving for ODS.

When dealing with designators like CWE and MCWO they will often forgo filling spots if they don't feel the person is right, which can affect numbers from board to board, otherwise below is how they figure out numbers per board.

To figure out numbers per board they take the total number of spots available and divide by the number of boards, when the hard FY 25 numbers come out at the end of the year they will adjust, but numbers don't change that much year to year.

exNavyOffRec

Those that lateral transferred can't be made up by new accessions, it is all by YG, any opening they have for those that did a lateral transfer would be filled by other lateral transfers if needed. This is different than the enlisted side where you can make up shortfalls with new accessions.

One thing to remember is there is a total number of officers allowed by the manning document, while they may have opened up those spots for MCWO those billets came from somewhere and that somewhere has probably seen a reduction in their billets.
Being active duty probably helps, I’m just a recent college grad with just maybe a year total of relevant work experience so that’s what I’m most concerned about with my application.
They go with best qualified, IWC used to heavily favor current/prior enlisted but not so much anymore.

Justinpov

I would strongly suggest you consider aviation and SWO. You don't meet the GPA requirement on paper and scoring a 49 isn't doing any favors.
SWO will be my last option. I appreciate your suggestion but my recruiter insisted in turning applying and being told no rather than not try and I agree.. I’d roll my packet into Supply or AMDO if not selected for what my first choice of CWO would be. Eyesight is too poor for aviation.

exNavyOffRec

SWO will be my last option. I appreciate your suggestion but my recruiter insisted in turning applying and being told no rather than not try and I agree.. I’d roll my packet into Supply or AMDO if not selected for what my first choice of CWO would be. Eyesight is too poor for aviation.
CW has specific requirements for a waiver, I hope your recruiter had you address each one point by point, even then they only take those with waivers in limited numbers.

AMDO and Supply are also very selective in their selections, with the min GPA for AMDO being 3.0 as well.

There have been times when selective boards like this will make across the board cuts, Supply and IWC communities have at times rejected anyone with less than a 3.0 or any type of waiver.

CW, AMDO, and Supply really only pick people who list them as their first choice, if you only submitted an application for CW this time I would recommend next time pick one of the other two as 1st and put SWO as the the 2nd choice.

SWO is really your best option if you want to serve.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I think you’re trying to connect lateral transfer with OCS selection spots,
Source? Interested to see their reserve manning numbers.

Justinpov

CW has specific requirements for a waiver, I hope your recruiter had you address each one point by point, even then they only take those with waivers in limited numbers.

AMDO and Supply are also very selective in their selections, with the min GPA for AMDO being 3.0 as well.

There have been times when selective boards like this will make across the board cuts, Supply and IWC communities have at times rejected anyone with less than a 3.0 or any type of waiver.

CW, AMDO, and Supply really only pick people who list them as their first choice, if you only submitted an application for CW this time I would recommend next time pick one of the other two as 1st and put SWO as the the 2nd choice.

SWO is really your best option if you want to serve.
Thank you for the advice. Based on what you and the other member stated I’ve already contacted my OR and we’re discussing AMDO and SWO. I am not located anywhere near my recruiter so this process has been very vague. He gave me all the confidence to submit for CWO even though I already knew my packet wasn’t competitive. I’m no stranger to an uphill battle so as long as submitting for the designators I want and getting denied doesn’t impact a future SWO packet I don’t see the problem.. I’m in the dark on a lot of this so I just try to be as positive as possible :)