• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS packing list 2022

Jacksa71

A month before OCS, I bought two pairs of the same shoes. I put like 10 ish miles on one pair on pavement/sidewalks to break them in, but keep them looking nice. The other pair were my daily trainers. I kept the fresh ones set aside for RLP.

Others only had one pair of shoes and it didn't impact their inspections.
Should’ve just bought one pair. You are force into buying the navy running shoes for RLP inspection. No one displays their personal running shoes though all of training. Only display what is issue. I don’t know how long ago you were there

Michael_J_Caboose

Squadron N2/N6
Should’ve just bought one pair. You are force into buying the navy running shoes for RLP inspection. No one displays their personal running shoes though all of training. Only display what is issue. I don’t know how long ago you were there
I was there at the end of 2021. At that time there really wasn't an option to by navy shoes for a year or two before I got there. They must have gone back to the old way.

jacobsolo

Bring a pair of running shoes that you’ll be comfortable in all day.

I’d also recommend turning two factor authentication off on anything you might want to use while you’re there. If you can’t figure out how to turn off your emails 2 factor, I think proton email is one that doesn’t require it.
Would it be stupid to buy a $120 pair of running shoes that I’d like to continue using after OCS? Specifically in a white colorway lol? Not sure if most of the running is done on a track or not. And since I’ll be there in winter I’m thinking most running is inside?

jacobsolo

I guess I'm also wondering if it’s smarter to buy waterproof running shoes or not since I don’t know what the conditions will be like in Newport?

johnpauljones1776

Un-salted butter bar (non prior)
I guess I'm also wondering if it’s smarter to buy waterproof running shoes or not since I don’t know what the conditions will be like in Newport?
You’re over thinking it, just buy some that you’ll be comfortable wearing all day. I brought brooks which are great for running but not the greatest if your wearing them for extended hours

Jacksa71

Would it be stupid to buy a $120 pair of running shoes that I’d like to continue using after OCS? Specifically in a white colorway lol? Not sure if most of the running is done on a track or not. And since I’ll be there in winter I’m thinking most running is inside?
I bought a $140 pair of running shoes for whatever they throw at me. They have gone thru water/sand/ mud. They aren’t that dirty as I do wipe them down after I get back. I put them in my rack drawer. Just make sure they are comfortable to walk for 3 weeks. Haven’t had a snow day yet but the weather been ranging from 30s in the morning to 40-50s in the afternoon. Only had maybe 7-10 wet days. Do what you want, it’s ultimately you chose. Some people over prepare and other don’t.

villo0692

Almost nobody bought shoes over there when I first arrived. I had one pair, and as soon as I made Candio I went to the NEX and bought a new one. You’ll run both inside and outside. You’re not gonna fail RLP if your running shoes look worn down, just make sure they’re clean.

BDavis11

Contributor
A more water repellant shoe would be good. I don’t exactly need a gortex shoe. I have a pair of Arahi 6 and my feet were a little damp one time and they dried quickly

johnpauljones1776

Un-salted butter bar (non prior)
Almost nobody bought shoes over there when I first arrived. I had one pair, and as soon as I made Candio I went to the NEX and bought a new one. You’ll run both inside and outside. You’re not gonna fail RLP if your running shoes look worn down, just make sure they’re clean.
They require you to buy the shoes at the uniform store unfortunately

jnTucker

Few questions:
1) For glasses, will they issue me glasses or do I need to bring my own (within Navy regulation of course)?
2) OCS packing lists says to bring 8-9 sets of civilian workout clothes, but also states on the same page "No civilian clothes are required at OCS. An issued uniform will be worn at all times until graduation." Can someone advise??
3) And odd question but I've been wondering for weeks....what do candidates sleep in?? I know "pajamas" aren't issued...

villo0692

Few questions:
1) For glasses, will they issue me glasses or do I need to bring my own (within Navy regulation of course)?
2) OCS packing lists says to bring 8-9 sets of civilian workout clothes, but also states on the same page "No civilian clothes are required at OCS. An issued uniform will be worn at all times until graduation." Can someone advise??
3) And odd question but I've been wondering for weeks....what do candidates sleep in?? I know "pajamas" aren't issued...
1. They issue your glasses
2. No civilian workout clothes
3. You sleep in your PT gear

BDavis11

Contributor
Few questions:
Sleep in the sweats. Buy an extra pair when u go to the uniform store

Mouselovr

Contributor
Sleep in whatever you want as long as you're changed in the uniform of the day when you need to be.
Personally, I brought fuzzy pajama pants and was *very* comfty.