• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS packing list 2022

Whiskeyrice

Few questions:
1) For glasses, will they issue me glasses or do I need to bring my own (within Navy regulation of course)?
2) OCS packing lists says to bring 8-9 sets of civilian workout clothes, but also states on the same page "No civilian clothes are required at OCS. An issued uniform will be worn at all times until graduation." Can someone advise??
3) And odd question but I've been wondering for weeks....what do candidates sleep in?? I know "pajamas" aren't issued...
1. They will issue but it'll take awhile. I knew people that wore their own the entire time without problems
2. Yes to the clothes due to the initial week you'll wear civilian clothes. 8-9 seems excessive. Maybe 3 or 4 and wash or something.
3. I always slept in a clean pair of pt clothes.

jacobsolo

I’m seeing conflicting answers on whether or not we need civilian workout clothes.

Can anyone else chime in?

heeberman

Yep, the DEP guide contradicts the information on the OCS website (classic) regarding the civilian clothes loadout. Anyone have any word on this? 8-9 civilian workout outfits? Really? White socks/underwear? No color preference but AT LEAST one pair of white underwear? Love it.

Jacksa71

I brought 8-9 sets of clothing and honestly it was too much. You will have access to laundry etc. recommend 3 sets of warm clothing and do laundry every 2-3 days. When I get back I am only bring 1 jeans and two shirts. You can bring white/black socks if you want but recommend buying extra set when you get there.

jnTucker

One more: packing list says women should bring a swimsuit but also says one will be issued. Can any women chime in??

lamialazuli

Unless it’s changed in the last couple of years, bring your own.
1 piece that’s either black or dark blue.
A little late, but what are the regulations on this? I have a black suit, but it has a large logo on the front. Are logos allowed? The logo doesn’t have any text. It was my high school mascot. It’s a typical comp suit with a small/modest back cutout with the X strap back. Butt is fully covered.

BDavis11

Contributor
A little late, but what are the regulations on this? I have a black suit, but it has a large logo on the front. Are logos allowed? The logo doesn’t have any text. It was my high school mascot. It’s a typical comp suit with a small/modest back cutout with the X strap back. Butt is fully covered.
Almost positive no logos. Just strictly black

Mouselovr

Contributor

"Optional swimwear will be navy blue or black in color, conservative in design and appearance and must not prohibit the swimmer from swimming freely. Authorized optional swimwear includes the following:
Females. Swimsuit covering the full torso less arms, swimsuit covering full torso and arms or full-body swimsuit covering torso, legs and arms. One-piece swimwear back openings will not extend below the middle of the back."

This is for the PRT but should also apply to swim-qual.
Reg don't say anything about logos. But if it's a big, noticable logo, I'd just bring another suit. The early goal at OCS is to *not* stand out.
There's a line about not extending below the middle of the back, however, IMO, if its black or blue and your grandma wouldn't be offended, its fine.

lamialazuli

"Optional swimwear will be navy blue or black in color, conservative in design and appearance and must not prohibit the swimmer from swimming freely. Authorized optional swimwear includes the following:
Females. Swimsuit covering the full torso less arms, swimsuit covering full torso and arms or full-body swimsuit covering torso, legs and arms. One-piece swimwear back openings will not extend below the middle of the back."

This is for the PRT but should also apply to swim-qual.
Reg don't say anything about logos. But if it's a big, noticable logo, I'd just bring another suit. The early goal at OCS is to *not* stand out.
There's a line about not extending below the middle of the back, however, IMO, if its black or blue and your grandma wouldn't be offended, its fine.
Yeah I saw that too and it doesn’t talk about logos. I’ll see if I can find another comp suit but I think all of mine have logos or don’t fit anymore. I’ll prob have to buy a new one. Thank you!!

Kind of mentioned earlier, but... seeing "8-9 pairs of socks to wear with 1 pair of running shoes". Will we be running during PT in the socks we bring or the white tall socks? Looking to pre-purchase white socks prior, but deciding on how many.

elariosa95

SNA (A-Pool)
Kind of mentioned earlier, but... seeing "8-9 pairs of socks to wear with 1 pair of running shoes". Will we be running during PT in the socks we bring or the white tall socks? Looking to pre-purchase white socks prior, but deciding on how many.
You can bring as many pairs as you need but they need to be white crew socks with no logos, the same as the ones they issue. They’ll all look the same, so it doesn’t matter which ones you wear to PT

Edit: to make things easy for you, just go with “less is more.” You’ll be doing laundry almost every other day, so you’ll likely have clean socks all the time. The more you bring there, the more you have to take home with you.