• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Octuplet mom is relying on state to provide for her

Kazimake

Yeah, my parents went to college with them. Funny thing is, there weren't really planning on having kids, she was on birth control the first time she got pregnant, baby miscarried, so they decided to have as many kids as possible:icon_roll

Oh also, as I'm sure some of you are wondering, they all get along pretty well. Not nearly the in-fighting that you might expect.

UORBulldog

I think our only hope here is that hopefully the taxes paid off of future book/tv income will get put back into the system to somewhat offset her burden on us all.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
Yeah, my parents went to college with them. Funny thing is, there weren't really planning on having kids, she was on birth control the first time she got pregnant, baby miscarried, so they decided to have as many kids as possible:icon_roll

Oh also, as I'm sure some of you are wondering, they all get along pretty well. Not nearly the in-fighting that you might expect.

I think they were also the subject of a television documentary. If memory serves me, the family is pretty loaded and able to financially handle all the children. That, and the older kids are like freaking boy scouts and have no problems with doing their share of the chores.

Bevo16

pilot
How the hell was she able to find a clinic that would plant EIGHT babies inside of her? That seems horribly irresponsible and dangerous on her part and whoever did that procedure.

She lives in California. She could find another doctor to do the same thing tomorrow in the yellow pages. They would do it out of fear that she would sue them for discrimination? After all, it's not the fertility doctor's place to say how many kids is enough.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
It would be interesting to see what CPS will/should do in this situation. Isn't there some sort of stipulation as to how many bedrooms per child she would have to have? I'm sure her current residence would not meet that ratio.

GroundPounder

Ha, the people of California can choke on it. They want all their gov't programs, free health care, etc., they can live with the consequences.

As it stands now, the Federal Government is set to transfer money to the states that have gone down this path and are now nearly bankrupt. So it won't be just Californians paying for it, it will be all of us. Taxpayers that is.

GroundPounder

It would be interesting to see what CPS will/should do in this situation. Isn't there some sort of stipulation as to how many bedrooms per child she would have to have? I'm sure her current residence would not meet that ratio.

If California is like most states, not really. There are thousands of rules and stipulations if you want to adopt or foster a child, but the ones that you create are not covered.

Kazimake

No they are conservative baptist. They have their own show on TLC called 17 Kids and Counting. It's actually pretty interesting to watch how the family functions. Their housing set up is insane.

Yup, went to the First Baptist church in Fayetteville, AR with my parents. It was pretty freaky when I found out they were making a show about them.

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
My parents have known them since college. I'd just like to say that for the record, I wouldn't go anywhere near comparing them to this lady. I know about 3 other families with 10+ kids, if the parents are up to the task it works out just fine. This chick in California, though, is freakin' nuts.

Except weren't they on public assistance in the past? Back when they only had 8 or 10 or 12 kids? Now they make money of whoring themselves out to TLC, apparantly oblivious to the irony of a family that allows almost no television because it is a bad influence, but who stars in their own reality show.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
I'm ashamed to admit it...but I just watched Dr Phil that devoted the whole episode to this woman.....He had a plastic surgeon on that confirmed that the Ocho Mama has had at least $30K worth of plastic surgery.