• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Primary selection joke gets taken too far . . .

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
. . . or will if this program gains traction.

Making a comeback?:icon_tong
images

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
I wonder how fast they can get those blimps going?

Edit: About 56 Knots Maximum Speed for that particular Airship.

SkidGear

All joking aside....I SAW THAT THING TODAY......it was actually moving pretty good in saint augustine

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
your IP is going to be a pretty disgruntled dude..and probably from the WW2 era..which would add to his disgruntled-ness..as they all crashed i believe.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just the two Macon-class "aircraft carrier" dirigibles crashed, I believe. The Navy stayed in the blimp (non-rigid airships) business until the early '60's.

Here you go, complete list of Navy LTA. Last Navy blimp was the ZPG-3W, retired 30 NOV 1961.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Did anyone see that white blimp flying over Pensacola a few months ago? I figured it was some sort of weather blimp but I don't know. Didn't have any indicators on it.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think I read somewhere that blimp pilots refused to wear the half-wings, even though they were the "official" wings, and wore the same wings as everybody else.