• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

jowen

Should have been the MoH, but I'm pleased He's being recognized with a Navy Cross while he's still with us. I got to meet and shake his hand at NASP, Wish I could be at the ceremony.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This last weekend the SW Chapter of the Army Aviation Heritage Foundation inducted their newly restored AH-1F into the CAF Airbase AZ Museum.
The pilot of the original Sand Shark, Warren Aylworth, was on hand and related the origination of the Sand Shark paint scheme and challenges of flying in the desert having been deployed directly from Germany.

warren.jpgrope.jpg
Warren Alyworth, Sand Shark pilot, 4th squadron 2nd ACR. Rope added to 4/2 Cobras as a handhold for downed airmen extraction.

night sand shark.JPG

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Not as exciting as the Sand Shark, but got up for an sunny MLK afternoon flight…
B6767AE4-B377-4E54-BCDD-F7898B7A114B.jpeg
Here is my HGU-56 after a paint job and some mods to make it civilian friendly. It is amazingly comfortable and with the CEP nearly as quiet as a Bose A20. For those who wonder, my insurance considers a helmet on the PIC a “safety improvement” and it takes a few hundred off the premium!
F6EDF729-5B14-4299-8BF3-D9AB6DE15870.jpeg

Last edited:

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I guess the next check in the block is to hit 200 knots in type. It's good to have goals.

52648896894_234e3894ba_b.jpg

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I guess the next check in the block is to hit 200 knots in type. It's good to have goals.

52648896894_234e3894ba_b.jpg
Old school GNS 530 _ I assume its a 'W' with WAAS - and GMX200 MFD - redundant in many ways in the age of Foreflight and own-ship. Had this same set up in a 182 - until it was lost in a mishap. How does all this work under NVG's? Do they dial down on brightness enough?