• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I think fire fighting from a Chinook would be a very interesting job.
I spoke at length woth a Columbia Heli dude a few years ago flying into Sacremento. Its basically single pilot. PIC in left seat does all the flying. SIC monitors engines. 14 on, 14 off during the season. Same for logging. Vertical reference flying mostly. OJT. Niche job.

zipmartin

Never been better
pilot
Contributor
Buckethead, the CO of VFC-13 when the movie was made, was a USMC student going through flight training in Kingsville when I was instructing there. He later did a transition to the Navy and we ended up serving together as TAR's at VFC-12 in Oceana.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Busy day in the bug smasher today. Home field to WPAFB for meetings. I had to time my departure to deconflict with FLOTUS arrival via SAM C-40. SS folks were super nice. I was able to walk out on the line after her motorcade departed, and normal departure to Rickenbacker where I was greeted by the sight of Omega Air Tanker - have only seen this aircraft in 'Combat Aircraft' magazine, so it was cool to see one in person as I was taxiing to ramp.

Lots of gusty crosswinds today which in a 182, means little or no flap landings. Wing down, top rudder kind of day ?

PXL_20230329_180115584.jpgPXL_20230329_184741518.jpg

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Busy day in the bug smasher today. Home field to WPAFB for meetings. I had to time my departure to deconflict with FLOTUS arrival via SAM C-40. SS folks were super nice. I was able to walk out on the line after her motorcade departed, and normal departure to Rickenbacker where I was greeted by the sight of Omega Air Tanker - have only seen this aircraft in 'Combat Aircraft' magazine, so it was cool to see one in person as I was taxiing to ramp.

Lots of gusty crosswinds today which in a 182, means little or no flap landings. Wing down, top rudder kind of day ?

View attachment 37902View attachment 37903
Did you get to meet FLOTUS?