• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
In the good news department (for me at least) Enstrom announced today that they have developed a new governor for their piston ships. My 280fx uses a correlated throttle and it is such a pain in the ass that people call it the “confuse-a-lator.” Once they field the I’ll get on the buyer list.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Not one bike…two!

I guess that answers my question. Only two optical sensors. What a let down.

or a 4x4 prepper truck…..just stop.

One of the guys I work with has an older taco kitted out similarly to that one (minus the snorkel and sliders, and a more useful tent/bed design). But he (and his work partner in his 4Runner) actually go out and use it. I think he's got something like 280K miles on it at this point.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
One of the guys I work with has an older taco kitted out similarly to that one (minus the snorkel and sliders, and a more useful tent/bed design). But he (and his work partner in his 4Runner) actually go out and use it. I think he's got something like 280K miles on it at this point.
It’s a shame that most people that have their trucks modded for the end of the world never use them and have never been off-road.

That’s cool that your co-worker actually uses it.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
I know some people in the community are trying to move it to Black Rock, (88NV)
Fixing Black Rock for something as complex as the air races would be a job of work! Last time I was there for a STOL drag (not Burning Man) it was mostly dust and Wild West landing patterns.

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I know some people in the community are trying to move it to Black Rock, (88NV)
Sounds like that’s one of many ideas, although I think a more realistic option would be another airport with infrastructure similar to Stead (potentially not in Nevada). The board was quoted as wanting to move it to another location, so the good news is that it doesn’t seem to be going away.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My vote is for Fallon. A week of Liberty and a free show for my active duty friends.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Your comm card reminded me of the truly maddening experience of watching a student tune the radio.

In area 2..."Okay, sir, I'm going to get ATIS..." <clicks from 8 to 9 to 10 to 11 to 12 to...>

"Hey, so next time, it's probably faster to go the opposite way when you tune a preset."

"Okay sir."

<listens to ATIS>

"Okay sir, I'm going to tune to approach, button 5."

<Clicks to 19..18..17..16..15..>