• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
A number of jets made the same call. All converging on a non towered airport at the same time

My wife and I went up to KSSI for breakfast a couple of years ago. When departing to head back home, by the time I was finishing at the runup there was a Piper behind me, a bizjet/prop joining the visual for a long final, a Phenom calling 10 miles out, and I think maybe a Cessna doing something in or around the pattern.

Everyone was talking and people were working intervals politely and efficiently. By the time the Phenom is ~4 miles out about to join the pattern, Old Man Georgia checks in:

"Saint Simon's Traffic.....Cub 1234A....5 miles to the northwest......is there anyone in the pattern?"

You could hear the collective sigh from all the other aircraft. Without missing a beat, the Phenom came back with, "YES! Listen to the radio!"

I'm sure I wasn't the only one who had a chuckle in the cockpit.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Hey Chuck, is the USAF going to send you to Oshkosh to promote the CAP? Would be fun to fly in some of your new planes and play for a week on Uncle's dime.
I wish! A colleague gets that honor! Also. You would be shocked (shocked I tell you!) at the number of general officers that show up in their official capacity. 😬

There is actually a lodging override in DTS for Oshkosh so folks can book hotels at 3x normal gov rate.

Instead, I get to go to glamorous destinations like Alpena, Michigan!

PXL_20240626_151549934.jpg

hlg6016

A/C Wings Here
So did I until I looked closer at the engine profile, J Model nacelles got a huge oil cooler that looks like a second intake.
Fun fact that might win you some beers, The 109th absorbed VXE 6's R models after the unit closed down.