• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2010 Boards

TheBirdy

pilot
SC-NY-88, just got off the phone with my recruiter. I'm going in for the October boards. Another month to wait, guess I'll just use that time to work on my PRT.

Good luck to all in the next coming week or so. Lets see some pro-recs!

UffDa

Why do some people already have PRT Scores? I didn't know those were needed and thought that comes after Pro Rec?

It all depends on your recruiter for the most part. My OR wanted me to have MEPS and my PRT done prior to submitting my application to the boards, but I also needed a medical waiver so my situation was different.

From what I've seen, it depends on your OR. If you look at some of the selection rates lately (i.e. some lower than 10% pro-rec out of all applicants) you can get a sense of why some OR's would rather wait to do the PRT and MEPS, otherwise they would be "wasting" a lot of their time on applicants that never get a pro-rec.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
Good luck, everyone. We're going to need it.

What he said ^^^

I agree with you Seafort, looking at the long list of names posted for this September board, it ought to be a competitive one, especially with most of the FY2011 slots being near full. I wish all of you nothing but the best. Anyone have an idea when the PRORECs might start rolling out, based off of past boards? Is the 24th too early to expect anything, or would it likely be sometime the next week?

UffDa

Anyone have an idea when the PRORECs might start rolling out, based off of past boards? Is the 24th too early to expect anything, or would it likely be sometime the next week?

Based on what I've seen in recent months on here and usnavyocs, the final week of the month appears to be the average earliest release dates. My guess is September 27th or 28th for the first signs of Pro-Recs. I would be happy to know something by October 8th!

Prepare for the worse and hope for the best I guess. I just hope it doesn't spill over into November (knock-on-wood)...

Good luck to everyone!

Seafort

Made His Bed, Is Now Lying In It
My birthday is October 6th. What a wonderful present a PROREC would be, am I right?

rdjarvis

Yes Seafort, My B-day is Oct as well. At this point nothing else would be a better B-day gift for us. I'll be 26.

Seafort

Made His Bed, Is Now Lying In It
I was non-select in July, but didn't find out until after the deadline for submitting for August had passed. But from my experience, as long as your OR knows you want what you can get and you're not giving up, then reapplying should almost be immediate. I've told my OR to put me in for any URL board that comes up, and to keep putting me in until he thinks the package needs to be changed (new ASTB/new LORs/new required documents, etc) or I am PRORECCed. In fact, the current plan is to be submitted for the October boards before I find out about the September boards, just in case.

The commission is more valuable to me than community, so if it comes to it, I'll have my OR start submitting to me RL boards as well, but I hope it doesn't come to that...

woodfinx

packet leaves tomorrow and i'm just now finding this...lol

22/M
BDCP: SNA
3.8 GPA in Aerospace: Professional Pilot from Mid. Tenn. State University
ASTB : 61 7/8/7
LOR:
1 Congressman
1 Active Captain (Fmr Commander Strike Fighter Wing Atlantic)
1 Ret Colonel (USAF)
1 Ret Captain (Marines)
1 FAA Safety Inspector
1 FAA DPE (Fmr Braniff Capt)
1 Family Friend (CEO)
1 Professor

Pros
750 hours civilian
Extra curriculars

Con
PRT scores not what i'd like them to be (getting back on the wagon so to speak, at least its not 110 degrees anymore)

Good luck everyone!

rdjarvis

Seafort, Im in the Fleet, so I dont really have an OR. We Fleet guys pretty much have to do everything, unless you have a crazy good Command. We go off of Naval instructions, complete our packages and submit it up our chain of command. If they approve then send it off to Bupers. Im sure the process is the same. Where in JP are you?