• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2010 Boards

GoVols1998

dang, an O-10? nice. does anyone even know what the percentage is of active O-10's to all other officers? got a call yesterday that 1 tiny, tiny little discrepancy will probably push my SNA package back to october. but that delay might get a pro-rec sent (God willing) on/near my birthday, which like a couple of you have said would be probably the best present ever (even better than turning 21, haha). oh well, I have enough biochemistry classes to keep my mind very busy for the next month. best of luck to all on getting the opportunity to be a leader in the United States Navy.

and, for those of us who do not get that pro-rec this time around, DO NOT get discouraged or cynical about the process. Just remember the words of John Paul Jones while his ship was exploding around him because of 44 British cannons, "I have not yet begun to fight!". You show that attitude to the selection board, and you should be dang near guaranteed a pro-rec.

Seafort

Made His Bed, Is Now Lying In It
There are eight billets usually assigned for four star admirals, but I count ten currently. Mullen, Roughead, Greenert, Walsh, Harvey, Winnefeld, Fitzgerald, Olson, Stadvaris, and Donald. Current publicly available information.

jmavalos

Greetiings!!

LS1 Here, wondering how do guys know if you are on the September board?, I have noticed plenty of you guys have OR's. Us as fleet applicants do not have OR's and pretty much are left to wonder " when is my package going up for the boards". I think i read earlier that there is a list of names for the applicamnts going up for the September boards, any idea where I can take a look at the list?

LS1
3.5 GPA BSBA
7 years A/D
OAR-59
SUPPLY PROGRAM

rdjarvis

Seafort,

I may have meet you. I went to his office to see if I was in the July boards...back in July. A guy with long hair and glasses was in his office...looked out of place for Naval Base Guam :). The guy asked if I wanted him to leave the room while the OTOOLs results came up...I said its cool. There were no results obviously. Sound familiar?

Seafort

Made His Bed, Is Now Lying In It
That was me, but I don't have long hair. It was under two inches in bulk and in Navy regs, I swear!

jmavalos

Thanks for the information, but there where no insights on the Supply boards for September. Hopefully a new updated list will come out regarding the Supply Community. Appreciate the help!

let me know when you have the link for the Supply boards buddy!

LS1,

Lucy

sc- If SNA wasn't already on your app when you applied then no, you cannot retain the pro-rec and resubmit for sna. I it was already on your app then you should be ok to wait for that board if it was your first choice.

SpaceApe29

AgroChronis - My conditional release didn't get to me in time because I was at the Grafenwohr Training Area doing squad live-fire and CoIST classes (Army infantry-intel stuff) but I just mailed it off today and I'm solid for November. Thank you for the inquiry though.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
AgroChronis - My conditional release didn't get to me in time because I was at the Grafenwohr Training Area doing squad live-fire and CoIST classes (Army infantry-intel stuff) but I just mailed it off today and I'm solid for November. Thank you for the inquiry though.

Sorry to hear about that SpaceApe, technically I'm still waiting on my 368, but I was allowed to submit my packet regardless of that fact. It's sitting at the one star's office right now. In fact, I may check up on it today, seeing how it's been there a few weeks. I'm hoping since it's made it through Battalion and Brigade levels, there shouldn't be a problem. I'm still crossing my fingers none the less. It seems like they make the process much easier for people walking in off of the street as opposed to people who have actual combat leadership experience, no?

SpaceApe29

Sorry to hear about that SpaceApe, technically I'm still waiting on my 368, but I was allowed to submit my packet regardless of that fact. It's sitting at the one star's office right now. In fact, I may check up on it today, seeing how it's been there a few weeks. I'm hoping since it's made it through Battalion and Brigade levels, there shouldn't be a problem. I'm still crossing my fingers none the less. It seems like they make the process much easier for people walking in off of the street as opposed to people who have actual combat leadership experience, no?

Like the Robert Frost poem "The Road Less Traveled" we're doing something that RARELY ever occurs, though I have to admit I am surprised I got the DD368 back on the Active Duty side before you did on the Reserve side. If you need ammo, here's what got me "In like Flynn" - Reference to Army Regulation 635-200, Chapter 16, paragraph 16-2 (3):

16–2. Discharge for acceptance into a program leading to a commission or warrant officer appointment
(3) Other officer accession programs of the USN and USAF that require enlistment in those branches of the Armed Forces.

The signing authority is the first line of General Courts Martial Authority - A LTC Battalion Commander or higher. Hopefully this gets you in the door, I will need a translator out in the fleet who speaks caveman, God and selection board willing if I get there, when I start talking and grunting about Army stuff. Good luck and don't give up!