• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2010 Boards

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
Hey Jarvis, does your packet go to the same boards as the general public? Also, if you don't mind me askinh...what is your current grade and how supportive has your chain of command been?

also, a side note. I'm typing this on my new third generation Kindle, this thing is pretty cool.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
I'm not Jarvis but according to the Fleet Processor and others I have spoken with I know that fleet applicants go to the same boards as civilians.

That's interesting. I figured things would be a little different for those guys. I know that on the Army side, direct commission guys get a different board. I wasn't sure how it worked for the Navy. I suppose that makes your application look that much better though.

For you guys that have done MEPS, how long did it take you to go through the actual process of getting the commissioning physical done? Then, after the physical, how long did it take to know if you were medically cleared (if you didn't have a waiver)?

rdjarvis

Eas7888, I'm a PO2/E-5. Yes we are on the same boards. My COC has been great. They really haven't done a whole lot for me other than approving my package. I've done ALL the leg work, but they haven't stopped the process either. There have been a few individuals that helped me out, but Aviation OCS applicants where I work are nonexistent! Also an enlisted guy with a Pilot's License and a Degree blows everyone's mind :) ! As we all know just being qualified enough to submit a package is a feat in itself. All of us that are on here should feel great to even be considered!!
Marmoset.....I'm feeling the 2nd ish
Go Navy!

Seafort

Made His Bed, Is Now Lying In It
rdjarvis, well, my OR is in Guam, and he sometimes helps out the Fleet guys.

I'm near Kyoto.

And yes everyone goes to the same boards. Your name is on a list next to your NRD. For the Fleet guys it says "NRD FLEET."

Leviticus

pro-rec SNA
This will be my second board. I fractured my leg while at OCS...I originally classed up with 20-09 and then 01-10 before being npq'd. We'll see how it goes! I was there 6 mos. both in and out of the regiment.

Seafort

But from my experience, as long as your OR knows you want what you can get and you're not giving up, then reapplying should almost be immediate.

I want to correct this. I've been clarifying with my OR about this, and he says there is a timeline for reapplying, but he has to see if he can find the NAVADMIN on it before he gives me specifics. Obviously, it's at most a month because I skipped August, but it might be a shorter period than that. Still it's nothing crazy like three months, six months, etc...

rdjarvis

Hey seafort,

Is your OR ltjg s. ? On NBG ? If so I know him he is a res. recruiter. Great guy, I took my astb with him.

Seafort

Hey seafort,

Is your OR ltjg s. ? On NBG ? If so I know him he is a res. recruiter. Great guy, I took my astb with him.

Yep. He is awesome. He took over for another recruiter who wasn't getting things done, and didn't miss a beat. I was just in Guam, actually, while I waited for the results from the July board. We hung out, he showed me the sites, and I got my snorkeling on. :D

Lucy

The resubmit process is kinda of hazy. If you list 3 options on your application, say SWO, SNA, and Intel and the boards are all different months than you normally are able to wait to see if you got your first pick, or if a non-select it is not a resubmit while you wait for the following boards to meet. If you are a non-select for all 3 you then have two options. 1) Add something to your package- New LOR, ASTB score, GPA increase, award, etc and resubmit the following month, i.e. you are seen in July and then resubmit your paperwork in Aug for the September boards, option 2) wait the 6 months that is minimal wait time if no change has been made and resubmit again. I've also clairified with the fleet processor that a different desginator is not enough for a resubmit.

A

AlexSmart

Doesn't the CNRC publish the schedule of when proboards will meet? I noticed on the NYUSN blog that the FY2011 meeting schedule was available. Does anyone happen to know the exact date this board is supposed to convene?

Seafort

I made no changes to my application between July and September, but they are also for different boards (SWO/IP, and SWO), and I'm pretty sure I'm going up for the next NFO board, whenever that is, so... Perhaps I just hadn't hit my three yet, and so my non-select for SWO/IP in July doesn't matter yet.

Of course, I have LORs in reserve that I didn't use in this current application submission, I have other LOR people I haven't asked yet (including congress people and members of the Obama administration), because I thought the O-10 LOR was already being too flashy. GPA bump is not possible, but I've only taken the ASTB once, so retaking it might be another step for a future board...

Of course I hope none of that is necessary. :/

SC-NY-88

FNG
None
All this talk of re-submitting and what not brings a question to mind... Hypothetically, if one recieves a pro rec for NFO in september, is it possible to still apply for SNA in october without turning down the pro rec NFO? Seems a little like 'double dipping' I suppose.