• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2010 Boards

Seafort

Made His Bed, Is Now Lying In It
A lot of my peers in this race are unemployed or underemployed. I'm gainfully employed, and will be until at least April 2011, but more realistically, probably beyond that if necessary (I recontract every year, even though my job security is pretty good, and it's "possible" to not be recontracted, but rare). My decision to pursue a commission has absolutely nothing to do with finances or benefits gained by being in the military. So my alternate plan, I suppose is "stay put and keep trying." Which is what I've been doing for almost two years now. :|

rdjarvis

I no longer want to be an enlisted Sailor, I want to Fly! Therefore if not selected I will climb the Hindu Kush to become a goat herder!!

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Anyone else working on alternative plans?

Much like Seafort, I'm currently employed as a sales engineer with a mechanical firm with a lot of potential for advancement and growth, so I'm not overly concerned if I have to wait a year or so just so long as I commission before the age cut-off for aviation.

sdgigles

I was working as a researcher for a security contractor but got let go last month after finishing up a contract...guess the recession isn't over. I'm working admin at a university, but if anyone knows of anything.....

james23

I am probably going to go to graduate school and pursue a MA in communications. Hopefully I can get picked up by then.

shambo

Joke to Break the Waiting

Q: How do you know if there is an Air Force pilot at your party?
A: He'll tell you.

Q: What's the difference between an Air Force pilot and a jet engine?
A: A jet engine stops whining when the planes shuts down.

Q: How many Air Force pilots does it take to change a light bulb?
A: One...he just holds the bulb and the world revolves around him.

The airforce didn't accept me because I was "5 lbs overweight." What a bunch of bs. I played college baseball and was jacked. Anyways, here I am waiting on the results for the Navy. Good luck everybody.

Seafort

Made His Bed, Is Now Lying In It
Along the same lines as joke three:

Q: How many Navy pilots does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A: All of them. One to do it, and all the others to describe in detail how they could have done it better.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
The airforce didn't accept me because I was "5 lbs overweight." What a bunch of bs. I played college baseball and was jacked. Anyways, here I am waiting on the results for the Navy. Good luck everybody.

The airforce performs the same test as the Navy if you are overweight. Basically you had to be 5 lbs overweight and more than 20% body fat for the Air Force to reject you. The Navy requires you to be less than 22% body fat so hopefully you are good to go.

marmoset54

Final Select Supply Corps
The Navy requires you to be less than 22% body fat so hopefully you are good to go.

I thought new regs threw out the whole % deal. It's straight poundage (or tonnage depending).....

bluemarlin04

I thought new regs threw out the whole % deal. It's straight poundage (or tonnage depending).....

No, you can still tape the prt. The problem is some people would not make the rope and choke but could still do the prt at excellent or better (it might have been outstanding) and they would be good. The new rule is that you must meet BCA standards regardless.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
No, you can still tape the prt. The problem is some people would not make the rope and choke but could still do the prt at excellent or better (it might have been outstanding) and they would be good. The new rule is that you must meet BCA standards regardless.

This is correct Marmoset.