• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2010 Boards

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Everything bluemarlin04 stated. You have to be fewer than 22% BF period. In the past you could be over but you must have performed at an extremely high level on the PRT. The performing at a high level if you were over BF % has been removed and now you have to be under no matter how well or poor you do on the PRT. So to sum up you can be overweight as long as you are under 22% BF per the "Rope and Choke." This is what the change states per the instruction:

"8. BODY COMPOSITION ASSESSMENT (BCA) EXCEPTION: FOR PERSONNEL WHO SCORE AN
OVERALL OUTSTANDING OR EXCELLENT, WITHOUT A SINGLE EVENT ON THE PHYSICAL
READINESS TEST SCORED BELOW "GOOD", CO/OICS ARE AUTHORIZED TO INCREASE
NAVY BCA CRITERIA TO THE DOD MAXIMUM STANDARD OF 26 PERCENT FOR MALES AND
36 PERCENT FOR FEMALES. THE INDIVIDUAL MUST PRESENT A PROFESSIONAL MILITARY
APPEARANCE TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION."

Basically that was the old instruction that was removed. If you would like to read more about Navy PRT instructions I would recommend:

http://www.navy-prt.com/NavyPRTInstruction.html

This site has a bunch of good PRT stuff on it.

shambo

Waiver

Also, because the military is trying to downsize through attrition, they are finding ways to keep people from joining as was attempted with me. I had to apply for a waiver for an arrest in 2007. When looking at the waiver, it was rejected because "candidate is not within 5 lbs of his maximum weight." I'm 14% body fat, but it was not taken into account because of the situtation. The Navy granted me a waiver for this arrest, but hardly any waivers for charges are getting through right now because it's a way to keep the numbers down.

bluemarlin04

My recruiter told me that the rope and choke doesn't look good on the board so try and avoid it. I am not sure how true that is but it makes sense. Also, I am not sure what an arrest waiver has to do with bf%. I've seen waivers for arrests when I use to inspect service records and they have nothing to do with that.

shambo

Waiver

I understand what you're saying; however, I did see the official denial of waiver statement from the Air Force and that's what it said.

ajalali

pilot
The Navy granted me a waiver for this arrest, but hardly any waivers for charges are getting through right now because it's a way to keep the numbers down.

At what step in the application process did you get a waiver? Is the second half of the above quote just speculation? Or did it come directly from CNRC? I have an arrest on my record (charges dismissed) from 3 years ago. I've been pro-rec'd, meps is done, prt is done, had an interview with an investigator (about this arrest), and now I'm just waiting for FS. Do you guys think I should anticipate another waiver process for the arrest? If yes, it seems kind of late, especially since they've known about it since I was seen by the boards in March.

Thanks for the help!

whoopsidaisy sorry for the threadjack, searched to no avail...definitely not worth another thread

marmoset54

Final Select Supply Corps
At what step in the application process did you get a waiver? Is the second half of the above quote just speculation? Or did it come directly from CNRC? I have an arrest on my record (charges dismissed) from 3 years ago. I've been pro-rec'd, meps is done, prt is done, had an interview with an investigator (about this arrest), and now I'm just waiting for FS. Do you guys think I should anticipate another waiver process for the arrest? If yes, it seems kind of late, especially since they've known about it since I was seen by the boards in March.

I would be surprised if you'd need a waiver for an arrest with charges dropped after being pro-recc'ed AND after speaking with the background investigator. Shambo didn't clarify whether or not he was found guilty - makes a big difference.

You're cool, baby.

shambo

Waiver

I was actually table in June for SNA because I didn't have a waiver at that time. I was found not guilty for my arrest in 2007 and the recruiter originally didn't think I would need a waiver. A background investigator is for your clearance. Honestly the navy just wants to know that nobody is going to come looking for you while you're in boot camp. If you've gotten this far then obviously it's all good.

ajalali

pilot
ahh I see, thanks for the info dudes!

Marmoset - yea, that's the same feeling I get too.. only time will tell!

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Honestly the navy just wants to know that nobody is going to come looking for you while you're in boot camp.

I don't know how true this statement is as I personally know someone that received a secret security clearance and apparently joined the military with a warrant for his arrest. The warrant was issued 6 months before he signed his paperwork to join. He had no idea that a warrant was issued for his arrest. He only found out when he tried to renew his driver’s license. Nothing happened to him with his clearance and he wasn’t prosecuted. Granted this was an enlisted individual but I’m sure they do the same background checks for enlisted and officers.

marmoset54

Final Select Supply Corps
I don't know how true this statement is as I personally know someone that received a secret security clearance and apparently joined the military with a warrant for his arrest. The warrant was issued 6 months before he signed his paperwork to join. He had no idea that a warrant was issued for his arrest. He only found out when he tried to renew his driver’s license. Nothing happened to him with his clearance and he wasn’t prosecuted. Granted this was an enlisted individual but I’m sure they do the same background checks for enlisted and officers.

And I mean, come on guys. Haven't y'all seen "Renaissance Man" with Danny Devito?

...I'll wait for the reference to spark.

shambo

Results Soon

On usnavyocs.com the "frigatedoc" who has been pretty reliable said the results were awaiting signatures and they may be out later this afternoon. There's speculation it will be later this afternoon or tomorrow. Holy shit...