• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2014 IDC Board

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
Soo I have been very occupied this week with my command BCAs so I have been away from my desk the majority of the day. I hope we get our results soon and we all get selected!

Edit: First comment on page 64.... BOOM!!

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
I'm suprised the STA-21 forum has been so quiet this year with them being so close to results... @Popo Jijo

The STA-21 program is almost dead due to the budget cuts. There are only going to be 50 selects (again!) this year, and half will be nukes. No IW or Intel opportunities (plus several other designators have zero select).

PensacolaBayou

I leave for four hours for a trial and come back to 150 additional kits, a longer prospective wait time for results, and the possibility of the December board being postponed until March. I'm never leaving again!

I had all of my documents submitted, had completed my day at MEPS, and heard that the background check was in progress by May 5. I had a nice little party that day for multiple reasons only to see a few days later that the June (or was it July?) board was moved to September. It has been a long wait. I would guess the number of applicants for a spring IDC selection board might be as high as this one.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
You've gotta admit that OAR score is pretty impressive though. Most folks that I've seen in this thread, save @psulaw0929, have between 50-55.
50, 3.0 is probably competitive in the same way that 80, 80 for pushups and sit-ups is 'competitive' for BUDS; yeah, it'll get you in the door maybe, but you'd better be ready to slog a lot more than your body-weight if you wanna make it.

Recruiters like myself and folks like NOPO alike have asked the IDC community for more specifics on what they consider a competitive applicant and they didn't budge a bit. So instead, we go off of applicants who did get selected as an indicator on what they're looking for in an applicant.

usnavymle

I just had a thought (I know, dangerous): are those AD folks that were officer recruiters now applying to officer programs because they've started to believe their own sales pitch?
Not a serious question of course, just got a 'heh' thinking about it.