• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2014 IDC Board

ratherbesurfing

Career Recruiter
I just had a thought (I know, dangerous): are those AD folks that were officer recruiters now applying to officer programs because they've started to believe their own sales pitch?
Not a serious question of course, just got a 'heh' thinking about it.
Absolutely. How many of us on here are former ORS that are now applying?

chihon fung

From what I've heard and seen, the Chief's exam only gets you to the board; your block 43's are what sell you to the board members.
Additionally, one MC that sat one of the boards said that any board member that knows a candidate can only say constructive things about them, i.e no blackballing. They have to make their judgement based primarily on the evaluations and then the other evidence in front of them.
It's still all paper, but for that guy to go and buy uniform items in preparation for his selection based solely on his exam score... that's just confidence in ignorance at its finest.

There are 5 categories from how Chiefs SEL are point scaled after the test. There are certain rates where people will know who made Chief or not. We had an IS1 who was confirmed chief once quotas were released. Relatively easy system to gauge, take the max amount of quals, achievement, etc. and then see where you are at.

exNavyOffRec

There are 5 categories from how Chiefs SEL are point scaled after the test. There are certain rates where people will know who made Chief or not. We had an IS1 who was confirmed chief once quotas were released. Relatively easy system to gauge, take the max amount of quals, achievement, etc. and then see where you are at.

eh, just because their are quotas it doesn't mean they have to fill them, there are several boards where they have selected less than they were allotted due to not feeling they were good enough candidates

EthansCure

First, I wanted to say good luck to you all! I've been trolling the posts for a while now, but couldn't help to finally jump in... I'm up for the September Board with a 1st choice of Intell followed by IW... I'm both excited and nervous for the results. Can someone please post the link for where the results are posted? In addition, do you have to be active military to view the link?

chihon fung

eh, just because their are quotas it doesn't mean they have to fill them, there are several boards where they have selected less than they were allotted due to not feeling they were good enough candidates

I know what you are talking about such as my group going up for chiefs. The board wants to see LPO at Sea, CSOOW/CSC letter, etc. Even though we had a 48% selection rate people didn't get selected because they lack the quals. I am sure when the Chief's Mess predicted that ISC was going to make it... they accounted for core requirements. Another similar case when a co-worker MA1 was going up for chief.