• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2014 IDC Board

priorguy

Is that seriously what takes so long for some people to get their FINSEL letter? The clearance?
I got PRO REC'd on June 11th and still have not received my FINSEL - Some threads on AW suggest about a four months wait from the time you are PRO REC'd. I think this is due to a budget issue. However, since the new FY started, I speculate that the process from PRO REC to FINSEL should hasten.

ratherbesurfing

Career Recruiter
Is that seriously what takes so long for some people to get their FINSEL letter? The clearance?
When I was Recruiting, JPAS did not have to complete the investigation, only open it. But yes this process can take some time to complete. Especially medical. The FINSEL is issued when they have reserved an OCS class seat (date) for you after your professional recommendation. Some designators have a priority fill status and others are back logged significantly for OCS. This process also feeds into the quotas for subsequent boards after they rack and stack. For example, with the previous IDC board, they may try to weed out RTO's and those who are not medically qualified from the Pro-Y list before they release the results for this board based on the remaining quotas. You will find that they may very well release an Alternate Select list. Many times those individuals will move significantly up the list turning into a PRO-Y long after the results have been released.

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
956 - 134 - 872
213 - 768 - 941
471 - 529 - 316
- - -
791 - 386 - 254
642 - 975 - 183
835 - 412 - 697
- - -
584 - 693 - 721
327 - 851 - 469
169 - 247 - 538

Since it is going so slow, I check this thread during lunch. Today was better than usual. Coffee, Jim Rome, and puzzles from Airwarriors? Awesome.

Nice! I just Googled "Very Hard Sudoku" and grabbed that puzzle. :cool:

psulaw0929

OCS Class 04-16, 27 SEP 2015
I leave for four hours for a trial and come back to 150 additional kits, a longer prospective wait time for results, and the possibility of the December board being postponed until March. I'm never leaving again!

aleximus

I leave for four hours for a trial and come back to 150 additional kits, a longer prospective wait time for results, and the possibility of the December board being postponed until March. I'm never leaving again!
I feel the total opposite. I think for health reasons I'm just gonna stop coming here~

exNavyOffRec

When I was Recruiting, JPAS did not have to complete the investigation, only open it. But yes this process can take some time to complete. Especially medical. The FINSEL is issued when they have reserved an OCS class seat (date) for you after your professional recommendation. Some designators have a priority fill status and others are back logged significantly for OCS. This process also feeds into the quotas for subsequent boards after they rack and stack. For example, with the previous IDC board, they may try to weed out RTO's and those who are not medically qualified from the Pro-Y list before they release the results for this board based on the remaining quotas. You will find that they may very well release an Alternate Select list. Many times those individuals will move significantly up the list turning into a PRO-Y long after the results have been released.

They changed the investigation thing after we left, so IDC have to have more than just "open" to get a FS.

They did the alternate thing before, that is one thing that screwed a few boards, they didn't have the drop off rate they thought they would and all those alternates were the next FY selects, oops.

ratherbesurfing

Career Recruiter
Nothing wrong with that! I wonder if they take that into account giving the AD guys preference because they already have a Clearance?