• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2014 IDC Board

PensacolaBayou

Is Quechua on the list of critical languages? It would be nice for you to have that additional income every month if you are selected ;)

I wish. I speak a dialect that the coca farmers of Bolivia use. Maybe if Morales gets more Chavez-like or the Navy becomes more involved in drug war operations in the Caribbean and the South American Pacific coast there will be a need for it.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
I actually took SWO off of my application because all of my DIVOs and mentors all told me that if I really DON'T want to be a SWO, not to put in on my application because I will get selected for it.

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
If I were only young enough for SWO I would have a PROTEC-Y already :(

Yup your right I guess they really don't care about the quality just quantity.

They aren't selecting the bottom of the barrel, they are selecting people who qualify and applied for that option. It isn't quantity over quality, it is the number of slots they need to fill and those people met the qualifications. It is no different than IP having 15 slots, and only 15 applicants. It just so happens that when more people apply, and less spots are available, it becomes more competitive.

fedman28

They aren't selecting the bottom of the barrel, they are selecting people who qualify and applied for that option. It isn't quantity over quality, it is the number of slots they need to fill and those people met the qualifications. It is no different than IP having 15 slots, and only 15 applicants. It just so happens that when more people apply, and less spots are available, it becomes more competitive.

Yea your right I guess I'm just jealous that I'm not young enough to put in for a board that has a 97% selection rate and only requires a 3.0 and 48 OAR and a degree in basket weaving :)

fedman28

Or was it a 45 OAR ? I can't remember now. Instead I have to compete with advanced degrees in STEM and I'm sure if they drew a line in the sand for IDC this board it will probably be 3.5 GPA :/

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
Yea your right I guess I'm just jealous that I'm not young enough to put in for a board that has a 97% selection rate and only requires a 3.0 and 48 OAR and a degree in basket weaving :)

I have been jealous of selection rates above 5% for about 4 years now! I know what you mean.

Rickblaine22

Don't be so sure about line in the sand GPAs. That will only make you more angry when someone with a lower GPA makes it. And GPA is not an indicator of anything other than you passed your classes.

exNavyOffRec

Don't be so sure about line in the sand GPAs. That will only make you more angry when someone with a lower GPA makes it. And GPA is not an indicator of anything other than you passed your classes.

Not so much, the senior member that I had talked to said when they see a low GPA it indicates someone that might not be able to time manage and balance the aspects of college classes and other things in life, while a high GPA indicates a person that can do those things and might realize when they need to ask for assistance in order to do well.

If a person can't time manage well in college maybe a they will have difficulty time managing a division of sailors.

Rickblaine22

Last time I looked, my GPA was not listed on my degree. And from what I've seen on this forum, pretty much anything above a 2.X is fair game.

Marko88m5

No body cares about the cirtificate, it's the transcripts that count. Gpa matters but it is not the end all be all. To make up for a low gpa, one better be related to Chuck Norris or have a cure for cancer in order to stand a good chance.

exNavyOffRec

I actually took SWO off of my application because all of my DIVOs and mentors all told me that if I really DON'T want to be a SWO, not to put in on my application because I will get selected for it.

well, I would say if you really want to be a USN officer you go for what gives the best odds as well, but you would need to retake the OAR as a 44 doesn't qualify you for SWO