• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2014 IDC Board

psulaw0929

OCS Class 04-16, 27 SEP 2015
Keep in mind a board was canceled. The application window was March to August and is the reason for the outrageous number of applicants. If the board in December goes, you will have way less competition.

True. I've all ready been hearing rumors that the December board will be canceled as well. I guess we'll see. Like everyone in here, I'm just frustrated with waiting to find out what is going to happen with my life.

Marko88m5

Where are people getting this information??? Is it being leaked by the intel guys? Lol first I saw a paper saying 30something selected. The december board canceled until March, now I am hearing 15 selected and who the hell knows when the next board will be. I dont like this movie! I dont know which is getting me more crazy/anxious, the info I learn from this blog or the delay at which these results are being released.

exNavyOffRec

PA is 2.8 GPA and 45 OAR. However, going off previous NOPO Grams about 92-94% of applicants selected had at least a 3.0 GPA /48 OAR, so to answer your question it's backchannel info.

That is still a big jump, and that would eliminate much of the board fodder, I remember seeing more than a few apply with low OAR and low GPA who were never picked up, I think most of my SWO accessions were in the over 2.8 and over 45

usnavymle

Where are people getting this information??? Is it being leaked by the intel guys? Lol first I saw a paper saying 30something selected. The december board canceled until March, now I am hearing 15 selected and who the hell knows when the next board will be. I dont like this movie! I dont know which is getting me more crazy/anxious, the info I learn from this blog or the delay at which these results are being released.

Most of it is...

dan-obrien-irish-economist.jpg

psulaw0929

That's mostly my fault. I said 30 originally because I heard it was around a 10% acceptance rate (conservatively) and, at the time, we expected around 300 applicants. So I mentioned 30 since it is 10% of 300. Then one of the ORs reminded me that they don't select for percentage, they select for the number of seats they need to fill. They also mentioned that, historically, the number was closer to 15. Since the ORs have better information than I do, my knowledge is based on their contributions.

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
To add to the SWO conversation about the high select rate, you also have to think about the number of people who are not going to obligate or will attrite. A lot of the SWO applicants are also waiting for other boards. This may be why they selected so many people.

exNavyOffRec

To add to the SWO conversation about the high select rate, you also have to think about the number of people who are not going to obligate/attrite. A lot of the SWO applicants are also waitingother boards. This may be why they selected so many people.

70 is not that many, yes some will drop off, but that is a fairly standard number.

spazzz

I will probably age out before I get selected. I think there will be 3 more boards before my time is out. I am keeping up hopes but selection for me seems very distant. None the less I will remain positive.

psulaw0929

Is Quechua on the list of critical languages? It would be nice for you to have that additional income every month if you are selected ;)