• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ship Photo of the Day

number9

Contributor
Now there is someone who likes finer things, but doesn't feel the need to make an ostentatious scene wherever he goes. That is down right covert.
The pictures don't really do the proportions justice: the superstructure looks like it was pulled off a much larger ship and just dropped down on the deck. It looked quite strange.

GroundPounder

Now there is someone who likes finer things, but doesn't feel the need to make an ostentatious scene wherever he goes. That is down right covert.
Not that I will ever have to worry about it, but I would rather pull up somewhere in that, than a typical yacht and risk becoming a target.

GroundPounder

How does all the furniture stay put?
Either things are secured to the floor, and some items are brought out when the vessel is more or less going to be stationary.

A lot of the really big yachts are like a flat acting hotel, in that owners / renters meet them in port, and don't stay on board for transits. Obviously, there are exceptions.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
As I say…building one is easy. Operating it in combat is a different thing entirely.
Not if you shipped your industrial base overseas and your Wall Street accountants optimized the supply chain for just in time - when national security dictates it should be just in case.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Either things are secured to the floor, and some items are brought out when the vessel is more or less going to be stationary.

A lot of the really big yachts are like a flat acting hotel, in that owners / renters meet them in port, and don't stay on board for transits. Obviously, there are exceptions.

I know. It was a joke.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
As a native of the Palmetto State, I have this photo in my office of USS South Carolina BB-26 with the crew manning the rails. A contemporary of HMS Dreadnought, the South Carolina was the first “All Big Gun” battleship in the US Navy, with the important distinction of being the first battleship in the world to have superimposed turrets (4 twin gun turrets for an 8 gun broadside) which provided the same broadside as the less efficient Dreadnought (5 twin gun turrets but due to having wing turrets on the side, still only an 8 gun broadside.)

As an aside, I was at FedEx yesterday and noticed that they will print black and white photos up to 36x24 for only $5. So if there are photos you want of a particular ship, you can go to www.navsource.org, load the photos onto a thumb drive and have them print it on the spot.

1656168500797.jpeg
April, 1921

Last edited: