• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stupid questions about Naval Aviation (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
So CNATRA is coming to our NROTC unit Tuesday to speak to all of us. Is there anything in particular I should ask him?

One person in chat told me to ask him about the AWGs.

Never miss an opportunity to STFU in front of flag officers and the press.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Here's one for the helo bubbas: every time I go by P'cola Regional, there's always at least one or two H-57's from the HT's parked on the "helo ramp". What are they there for? Lunch?

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Here's one for the helo bubbas: every time I go by P'cola Regional, there's always at least one or two H-57's from the HT's parked on the "helo ramp". What are they there for? Lunch?

They are there on "cross country rules" so they can fly Xs on the weekend without having to pay contract maintenance overtime.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
They are there on "cross country rules" so they can fly Xs on the weekend without having to pay contract maintenance overtime.

...or operate out of a "closed field." Can you imagine? Operating out of a field w/ no tower and no traffic? That's just crazy talk!

You'll usually find some T-34s over at the FBO for the same reasons.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
So if a military aircraft lands at a civilian airport and you need gas, is there contract fuel just waiting there, do you whip out the DOD Platinum Card, or does someone just bill the government later?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
So if a military aircraft lands at a civilian airport and you need gas, is there contract fuel just waiting there, do you whip out the DOD Platinum Card, or does someone just bill the government later?

In HT and VT land, you go and get issued a govt card (for the one flight). You have to ensure that the field you fuel at has contract fuel. They run the govt card through their govt card reader, you sign the receipt and voila. Just like any other regular transaction, although for fuel alone the total usually comes out to 0 and they somehow figure out repayment via black magic later. Although I have been charged an actual amount when I got a GPU.

In short, yes, you get a card, whip it out, sign the receipt just like a regular transaction.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
I notice that some of the pics of the refueling boom have a basket, some have a probe, and some have a probe with wings...how many different fittings do you have?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I notice that some of the pics of the refueling boom have a basket, some have a probe, and some have a probe with wings...how many different fittings do you have?

Thats the difference between the air-farce and the Navy/Marine Corps.

N/MC plugs into the basket and "fucks" for our fuel.

Air Farce gets "fucked" by having tanker plug into his jet. Not sure about which ones have stabilizers on them or why.

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
Thats the difference between the air-farce and the Navy/Marine Corps.

N/MC plugs into the basket and "fucks" for our fuel.

Air Farce gets "fucked" by having tanker plug into his jet. Not sure about which ones have stabilizers on them or why.

Ahem...

1202081.jpg

The P-8 will have the same arrangement.

Status
Not open for further replies.