• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Regarding the items on Appendix B, had some questions:
1. There's an entry for the Navy's core values (Honor, Courage, Commitment). Is that enough or do we also have to memorize the logic behind every word like in here?
2. For the Chain of Command part, I take it that we can memorize people from POTUS all the way up to the Director of OCS? Or is this something that's usually in flux (I won't know my class officers, but are the OTC officers rather static like POTUS, SoD, and SotN?)?

villo0692

1. There's an entry for the Navy's core values (Honor, Courage, Commitment). Is that enough or do we also have to memorize the logic behind every word like in here?
2. For the Chain of Command part, I take it that we can memorize people from POTUS all the way up to the Director of OCS? Or is this something that's usually in flux (I won't know my class officers, but are the OTC officers rather static like POTUS, SoD, and SotN?)?
1. They might ask you what the Core Values mean to you, don’t think about it too much, they’ll know if you have a rehearsed answer, just be honest on what you think it is. This is a BIG MIGHT during your six week inspection though.
2. You can learn all the way down to the director of OCS, anything below that changes a bit too often, and is not that many names anyways, you’ll have plenty of time to get to know your class team and the chief drill instructor, senior RDCs, etc.

If you’re going to dedicate time to study Bravo, learn ranks and recognition, code of conduct, general orders, and the watch standing principles. Also, mission of the Navy and of OCS are big ones. Finally, your oath of office is a big one. If you walk in there knowing that, you’ll be a rockstar

Don't overthink it and stress yourself out. You've got enough to study within the OCR. While they could ask you additional questions, they can't hit you for not knowing something that isn't in the OCR so you don't need to go doing extra research to find what you need to learn, it's all there in the appendix. Like Villo said it would be good to be able to explain it in your words, but you don't need the verbatim stuff and honestly I doubt they'll ask. Focus on the important stuff you know they are likely to ask you.

While they can't hit you on knowledge for questions outside the OCR, they absolutely can hit you on bearing. So if you do get asked a question that doesn't have an answer in the OCR just maintain bearing and answer it the best you can. If you absolutely do not know then maintaining bearing and responding with "sir/chief I do not know" will satisfy. If they ask you why you don't know just explain that it wasn't in the OCR and you're good. Just use common sense

eranger24

Only applied once, but if the next two applications are Pro-rec N due to scores, would it be worth considering to go back on active duty enlisted and apply via ISPP for SNA/SNFO?

Only applied once, but if the next two applications are Pro-rec N due to scores, would it be worth considering to go back on active duty enlisted and apply via ISPP for SNA/SNFO?
No it wouldn't. 1. We dont know how long ispp will be around for. It's only a year long "test" run right now. 2. There is so much more you'll have to do an an enlisted e-3 in order for your CO and CoC to even let you apply not to mention bootcamp, a-school, qualifications, and evals.

Trust me do not enlist if you are not OK with being enlisted for at least 4 years. If you want pilot/nfo then study for astb and get higher scores and raise your gpa if you can. I don't know your numbers this is just general advice.

eranger24

No it wouldn't. 1. We dont know how long ispp will be around for. It's only a year long "test" run right now. 2. There is so much more you'll have to do an an enlisted e-3 in order for your CO and CoC to even let you apply not to mention bootcamp, a-school, qualifications, and evals.

Trust me do not enlist if you are not OK with being enlisted for at least 4 years. If you want pilot/nfo then study for astb and get higher scores and raise your gpa if you can. I don't know your numbers this is just general advice.
Yea I'm a prior E-5 from FTS. Can't take the test anymore times. I really want to avoid being enlisted again, there's just no other Navy officer communities that I have the passion for other than pilot & nfo. Been using my GI bill to pursue my masters to boost my packet a lil bit.
Scored 5/8/7 (2.67 gpa)

villo0692

Yea I'm a prior E-5 from FTS. Can't take the test anymore times. I really want to avoid being enlisted again, there's just no other Navy officer communities that I have the passion for other than pilot & nfo. Been using my GI bill to pursue my masters to boost my packet a lil bit.
Scored 5/8/7 (2.67 gpa)
Have you considered other branches with more designators?

exNavyOffRec

ISPP will either renew/sunset/change in just a few months, I wouldn't do anything such as re-enlist if you don't know how it will look next time around.

If you applied for SNA and received a "N" with an 8 PFAR then it isn't your scores, it is probably your GPA, unless you had waivers then it could be that as well.

painkiller

They only issue Bates steel toed boots at OCS, right? My dad is former Navy and he says those boots "suck" and I should get Belleville. If I buy my own Bellevilles and bring them with me, will they let me use them? I'm wondering if there's some sort of mandatory fitting process.

Whiskeyrice

For prior service, are NWU type 3 blouses that have enlisted warfare designators stitched on expected to be removed before attending and being accepted for use? Thanks,